• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Windshield Glass - Questions and Best Sources?

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Best place to get windshield. Correct outer profile, thickness, clarity.

Also,
Windshield gone year ago. At the time, I didn't bother to record if it was clear or tinted. No build sheet. My side glass is clear. Car is a convertible. No Air. Was the windshield standard clear, with tinted as an option? Any other options that would mandate the windshield to be tinted?

If it an open issue, any recommendations for going with tinted as a better choice for driving?

Thanks

BcudaChris

Reaction score
Safelite Autoglass did mine. Don't know the brand, but it is a nice piece. Same thickness as original. Tinted (AC car), and the band at the top is noticeably darker than original. Perfectly clear, no distortion. The guy told me it meets all current safety/durability standards.

Windshield was cracked and I have glass coverage, no deductible if I use a state farm preferred vendor, so took the opportunity to rehab the dash. Safelite came and removed the original glass (got it out in one piece), then a buddy with a car trailer hauled it to their shop for me when I was ready for the install. Their shop even had the trim clips, though the guys were lacking in experience with the trim. I had to remove it and tweak the clips in a couple of spots so it would sit properly.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
If your side glass is clear, your windshield should be as well. Modern glass will have the shaded portion at the top. If you want the original look (clear without the shade) ECS is another choice.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I got mine through Roseville Moparts, known locally as Mike Reihls Roseville Chrysler Jeep.
I have a really good glass guy who will come to you as well when you’re ready.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I vaguely remember Convertibles getting tinted windshield because when top was down no metal roof to block the sun.

doubleyellow

Reaction score
@Matt

Hi Matt,

Send me contact info for the window guy you mentioned. Will be a few weeks, but I hope to get the windshield in during June.

BTW, your Conversation Inbox is full......

RJHJR

Reaction score
I've two original glass non AC cars which do not have tinted glass and two AC cars which are also original glass that are tinted.
With that said we all know there are exceptions to the rule frequently.
I flip my visors forward and leave them there.

Stevescars

Reaction score
I've two original glass non AC cars which do not have tinted glass and two AC cars which are also original glass that are tinted.
With that said we all know there are exceptions to the rule frequently.
I flip my visors forward and leave them there.
On the AC cars, is the entire glass tinted as well as having the blue shade band on top?

Back