• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

It's Finally Mine!!!

Keath Flohr

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Keath, I'm from Tulsa, OK. The car is a 1970 Challenger base. It has been in the family since I was 12 years old (1995) and it was the first car I learned to work on. Now, 25 years later, it is mine and I am getting to run with it. My dad and I have been bringing it back to life the last few weeks as it has sat for about 5 years. Fortunately, it has always been indoors an never driven in the rain (at least not in the last 25 years). It has never been painted (except for roof) and still has a lot of original pieces. It has never been wrecked, has no bondo, and has the origin floorpans. The only area that needs replaced is the trunk pan. The car sat outside when my parents bought it and weather stripping was bad, so the trunk has been that way for 25 years and has not gotten any worse. Anyways, it just needs some love and to be driven, which it will now get plenty of it!

Challenger.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock Keith! Neat story! Glad you're here. Good luck with the Challenger.
I like it!

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Keath from Michigan. That is a great looking Challenger:thumbsup:. What's under the hood, /6 or V8?

DrEamer

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Great to see the car stay in the family! I love the F8/F7 green Challengers! I'm a little bias though since my first Challenger was a base, F7 many years ago. Please keep us updated.

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from northern California! Great story and car!

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
My name is Keath, I'm from Tulsa, OK. The car is a 1970 Challenger base. It has been in the family since I was 12 years old (1995) and it was the first car I learned to work on. Now, 25 years later, it is mine and I am getting to run with it. My dad and I have been bringing it back to life the last few weeks as it has sat for about 5 years. Fortunately, it has always been indoors an never driven in the rain (at least not in the last 25 years). It has never been painted (except for roof) and still has a lot of original pieces. It has never been wrecked, has no bondo, and has the origin floorpans. The only area that needs replaced is the trunk pan. The car sat outside when my parents bought it and weather stripping was bad, so the trunk has been that way for 25 years and has not gotten any worse. Anyways, it just needs some love and to be driven, which it will now get plenty of it!

View attachment 68888
Awesome learning with dad you can only go forward
Great base for a Challenger

Keath Flohr

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Keath from Michigan. That is a great looking Challenger:thumbsup:. What's under the hood, /6 or V8?

It's just a little 318... for now :cool:

Howdy from Colorado!
Let's see some more pictures.

If you take that lone v5X off the front drivers fender I would be interested in it.

Not ever selling it :) And there is more V5F on the passenger side haha

Nice, looks like they took the Vinyl top off and painted roof. Nice.

Oddly enough this never had a vinyl top. It was "Dark Metallic Green" with a "Non-Vinyl Light Green Painted Roof" "Two-Tone Paint"

For years my dad thought it had one because of the trim, but when I decoded the fender plate it was EF8 and FF4...rather odd.

Code Description
E44 - 318-2 Barrel
D31 - Light Duty 904 Automatic Transmission TorqueFlite

JH23
J = Dodge Challenger
H = High
23 = 2 Door Hardtop
challenger-emblem.jpg

G0E
G = 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
E = Los Angeles, CA, USA

138643 Sequence Number '138643'

EF8 - Paint Code: Dark Green Metallic

H6F8
Trim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
F8 = Green

000 - Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
401 - Date Built: 4 / 01 / 1970
101000 - Order Number: 101000
FF4 - Roof Type OR Color: Lime Green Metallic / Lime Green Irid
A04 - Basic (Radio) Group
C16 - Console w/ Buckets
C55 - Bucket Seats
G34 - Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Painted / Raci
H51 - Single Air /w Heater
J25 - 3 Speed Variable Wipers
M21 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
R11 - Music Master Radio AM
V02 - Two Tone Paint
V5F - Body Side Molding - Green
26 - 26 in. Radiator
END - End of Codes

Last edited:

Knock Out

Reaction score
AWESOME
HAPPY FOR YOU
Look forward to more pictures and posts
Good Luck

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
V5F. That's really cool and not that common to see.
Do you have all the pieces to put back on the car?

V02 is a pretty rare option as well. Really cool to have that!

Nothing wrong with a 318. I just had one built and it smokes the tires just fine.

Keath Flohr

Reaction score
V5F. That's really cool and not that common to see.
Do you have all the pieces to put back on the car?

V02 is a pretty rare option as well. Really cool to have that!

Nothing wrong with a 318. I just had one built and it smokes the tires just fine.

I would need to find some if I ended up replacing it, and that color is hard to find. It has some of them, but they're faded and cracked. I was going to go back with no side molding and no trim under window, then paint the entire car EF8 or a close version of it. I don't want to change the outside too much, but I also want to clean up the sides a bit.

Are you planning on making the roof FF4 again?
That would look really good!

it appears the roof is Grey now.?

I don't think I will, but it is early enough that I have time to make up my mind, haha

DrEamer

Reaction score
A little side question here, is the VF5 option just rare in 1970, or just in general? My 72 had the side trim, and as mentioned earlier in F7 green.

Challenger.jpg

Back