• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR restoration

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
I've had my AAR for about 8 years now. "Gave" it as a birthday present to my father in law so he and I could restore it. Life happens and priorities changed and the car got set aside. But Goals are important, so I asked my friend to help me and make sure I get this restoration right. He agreed and work began. Our goal is Mopar Nationals 2020 for the 50th anniversary. It is a real AAR with some cool options: PRX9, A62 and C26. I'm guessing it was a slow Wednesday night in 1970 when the guy miss stamped my TRANS AM fender tag and used a U instead of an A. Oh well, I think my TRANS UM will turn out pretty well. But wish me luck anyway.

image.jpg

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Day 1 from when I bought it. Complete parts wise but not a numbers matching car. Just a regular 340 from a 71. The original TA motor sits in an AAR a few states away. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it. No worries, maybe the owner after this will trade me, as I do have a TA with numbers matching automatic transmission and original 6 pack. Thank you guy who had it sitting in his garage for 30 years and decided to sell me it all complet like that!

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
It looks like this right now. It's a huge under taking but obviously worth it. It's an exciting time.

image.jpg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. I've been on my T/A restoration for almost 4 years now myself with the same goal of the 50th Anniversary meet at the Nats in 2020. Good luck - lots of knowledge here. I have the MMC books so if you are looking for any specific details, post or PM me...

fk5aar

Reaction score
Looks good so far, it will be a large undertaking but like you said it's worth it! Keep us updated

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Spent the day at MCACN... While my buddy worked on the car. Not sure who had more fun.

23659607_10215143021315696_1278931992627286968_n.jpg

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Trying to save as much original metal as possible. We keep plugging away on the AAR and hope time and money don't run out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Here is my TRANS UM fender tag. I've heard that there are a few others of these around. Kind of neat just bc it's different.

image.jpg

68bee

Reaction score
Whats the VIN number on the TA motor and trans that you have? I'm looking for my original motor and trans.

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
There is no build sheet with my car. The original TA motor is in another AAR in Indiana.

Back