• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

ECS

Reaction score
Now here is a "posterior" that sure looks nice! (lol)

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

ECS

Reaction score
In the eye of the beholder obviously.

Your screen name certainly pays homage to this 4 Door tribute. Here's a big "thumbs up" for the compliment and your continued support of the project.

IMG_4120.jpg

ECS

Reaction score
ECS I wish I had even 1/2 the skill set you and your friends have in making the 4door Cuda.

Thanks! The project has not been without its fair share of problems. We have discovered that using just about ANY reproduction part is a mistake. They just don't fit correctly or have an acceptable Factory look. For example, consider the reproduction stainless trim that surrounds the front Grille. It does not fit or look like the original examples. The areas that overlap are not as tight and firmly fitting as the Factory versions and they do not mesh together correctly. The areas that bend around the Head Lights are not crisp and sharply formed. They have a "bubbled" look to them. We removed the reproductions and are replacing them with Factory originals to obtain a proper look & fit.

ECS

Reaction score
The project has not been without its fair share of problems......

Here was the only problem we experienced with the Doors fitting correctly. After the Body was painted, we noticed that there was a 1/8" issue with the opening of the rear Passenger side Door frame. We had to cut the inner frame and use a Porta-Power to expand the opening. Steve is pictured here doing the adjustment necessary to make the Door fit properly. Also shown is the repaired section after it was completed. Steve blended the paint perfectly and you cannot tell a repair was ever done in that area.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
Dave,

I know you said that you have had your share of problems with the reproduction junk. Where have you been getting all of these correct pieces? I know you had posted a link for some stuff that you located on ebay but I'm sure you haven't gotten everything off of ebay.

ECS

Reaction score
Dave,

I know you said that you have had your share of problems with the reproduction junk. Where have you been getting all of these correct pieces? I know you had posted a link for some stuff that you located on ebay but I'm sure you haven't gotten everything off of ebay.
For the unique & hard to find original stuff, I have a Friend that has helped with my project parts for the past 12 years. This place is a Mopar Meca for ANYTHING that is rare and hard to find. I'm not talking about a few tidbits here and there, I'm talking about DOZENS & DOZENS of hard to find Chrysler parts. Row after row of Engines, Transmissions, complete HEMIS, Doors, Rear Ends, Glass, Fenders, Shaker & Rally Hoods, Trunks, Suspension Parts, Carburetors, Six Pack setups, etc...... Complete cars stacked and inventoried on shelves! You could spend a month trying to go through everything and not scratch the surface.. When I first went there a few years ago and saw NOS boxed Trunk Mats for just about every type of car, I knew it was a "special" place. (Sorry but I cannot disclose who or its whereabouts.) Below are a few photos from 4 buildings.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

15.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

resq302

Reaction score
:angel8: I think I died and went to heaven ! Dave, I think you hit the jack pot of all places. That guy has a gold mine there. I'm sure every Mopar and car guy owner on the planet has to be jealous of him. I can't blame you for him wanting to remain un-named as I'm sure he would have people lined up from his door to the end of the state just wanting to get in there. Plus I'm sure his phone would be ringing off of the hook non stop. Words can't start to describe the awe I am in after just looking at those pics. I'm sure those pics just scratch the surface of what else he might have.

TCB

Reaction score
Jeff has 4 buildings now? Wow! His inventory has really grown.

burntorange70

Reaction score
ECS. If you would like I can go through and clean up this thread some. When I get some time. May take a little bit.

Folks lets remember this is a build thread. Not a what I like and your not doing it correctly ima gona throw a temper tantrum like a little baby about it thread. Let the guy build his car. If you don't like it don't look.

I been way to relaxed so I suppose it is partly my fault. But I will tell you I got mods from some of the other for only sites asking questions about some of you. May want to clean up your act or be with out a membership to the forums.

ECS

Reaction score
ECS. If you would like I can go through and clean up this thread some......Not a what I like and your not doing it correctly.......

Thank you but it's not a big deal. I don't mind the "digs" that occur or the controversy this project brings. I knew that there would be those who liked it and others who didn't. I find it comical when some folks nit pick and tell us what we need to do to make things correct. If the truth were known, our largest critics probably do not even own a car or do their own work. They have nothing better to do than waste time playing Armchair Quarterback. (lol)

Anyway, it's not an issue or problem for me. Please don't spend your time rummaging through this thread to clean things up. Thanks!

Ray

Reaction score
ECS.

I been way to relaxed so I suppose it is partly my fault. But I will tell you I got mods from some of the other for only sites asking questions about some of you. May want to clean up your act or be with out a membership to the forums.

Nothing but respect for you but I find this comment a little disturbing. Especially since I am a mod on one of the other site forums.

ECS

Reaction score
Let the guy build his car.
We decided to go overboard with the smallest of "correct" pieces. Here are pictures of the License Plate Bumpers and a few other build details. Notice the small numbers that are molded into the rubber. They are Factory original examples.

02.jpg

03.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

ECS

Reaction score
Looks like Iowa to me.

How do you hypothesize a State (location) based on the inside appearance of storage buildings? Wrong State!

Last edited:

TCB

Reaction score
He must be the great Carmac ! lol

the-tonight-show-starring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

I said I'm not taking your bait.

why insist this point? The man owning the collection is known to the hobby. ECS didn't find an untapped holy grail, since others have been there. its not a joke.

Last edited:
Back