• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 AARCuda

Reaction score
Great to see you kept it all these years. Looks like it will need a partial restore and you have many good parts to clean up and reuse. Look forward to see the progress.

70aarcuda

Reaction score
Probably go over and see it tomorrow since I will be on the other side of town feeding my daughters dog....LOL
and give the guy some cash ....but i out of commission for a few days since his blood pressure spiked...told him the car has been sitting for 30 yrs...dont kill your self ...he is old like me but a few years younger...lol

Prostreet73

Reaction score
Awesome car! Always had a soft spot for the AAR's. The first one I saw as a boy is what got me hooked on e-bodies. Restoring it will definitely prolong the pleasure it brings.

340challconvert

Reaction score
AAR Cudas were always cool.
I remember a guy I knew years ago in the 70's had a black AAR Cuda
The car was a 4 speed with black AAR stripes and black interior.
The car was only 2-3 years old at the time; stunning car.
Still stays in my "mind's eye" all these years later!
Dino2 (1).gif

fk5aar

Reaction score
Yea there was an unrestored Black aar with white interior and fender tags... I only sAw pics and could never forget it. I think 4 speed no console and standard guages but not 100 percent sure because it was around 3 years ago......keep the pics coming!!! We enjoy them

70aarcuda

Reaction score
All the body work is done....a friend of ours get a deal on the paint...He was back at the US National racing...i will get a hold of him this week so we can get the paint ordered.
The K member is getting powder coated, suppose be ready on Monday....Things are moving ahead...slowly but ahead....It is still hotter then hell here in vegas...

fk5aar

Reaction score
Does your k member have the coin on it with the number 52 or 56 on it? I forget which one is correct I am not home at the moment to check mine. Keep up the good work!

70aarcuda

Reaction score
ok...what a day....get a email last night that the paint was ordered and has arrived.... V2 torc red....I said what...NO...it is a K2 Vitamin C Orange...So the painter says he will paint a small area under the chassis and compare....He said wrong paint...he read the fender tag wrong...964 dollars worth of paint...

i drive over to take a look at it and wrong paint....A hour later I get a called that the paint supplier said they can fixed it and it would only cost 100 bucks....the paint was remixed and toner added to get it to the K2 formula......

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
This is a major deal if the color is not perfect or the exact way you want it. A misstep here you could be regretting for a long time. This is not like it’s something hidden under the hood or trunk.

70aarcuda

Reaction score
paint shot.....waiting to get it clear coated and color sanded....

engine bay is Vitamin C again.

20180921_120516_resized.jpg

20180921_120523_resized.jpg

falcben

Reaction score
Looks great! I hope you plan on keeping those stickers on the bumper, I always think it is cool to see a fully restored car with some pieces of what it once was. Keeps the history, but also looks brand new.

70aarcuda

Reaction score
ups..fedex and usps are making stops every day as the gas lines...brake lines..nut and bolts...trunk seal are being deliver..

going over to deliver the K member also....

car still needs to be color sanded and rubbed out..it had just been clear coated that morning

Back