• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 AARCuda

70aarcuda

Reaction score
Well..She has been a lady in waiting for 30 yrs now. Been parked in the garage with a bad throw out bearing. Been busy racing, well her time has come. Local mopar guy is doing the restoration. I have a bunch of parts for it.....it has the number matching engine, and 4 speed.

1st picture was taken in January 1974, had just met my future 1st wife in Santa Monica. I was in the Air Force stationed at Edwards AFB.

70aarcuda.jpg

20180713_122952_resized.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

70aarcuda

Reaction score
The wheels are just for moving the car around. License plate shows 1988 sticker, last time it was on the street. Anyway we got a lot of work to get done...but he has one car ahead me that he is just finishing up...an old 63 Savory....

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You must be one of our founding members, I don’t think join dates get much earlier than yours so I say to you, IT’S ABOUT TIME!!!

quapman

Reaction score
Damn. I'd get it mechanically sound and drive it just like that. People would go insane at cars shows.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Welcome back. I really admire you guys that kept your cars. I would always buy one fix it up then sell it and get a different one. Nice car!!!

KATSAAR

Reaction score
too bad your restoring it.
it has 45 years of beautiful patina

rbbruno3

Reaction score
It is nice but looks like it has quite a few battle scars “patina”. Very deserving of a restoration

AUSTA

Reaction score
Looks good would do a good photo shoot before & after hard to find good pic,s of cars as they were just off the street

fk5aar

Reaction score
Badass for sure, find any buildsheets? Mine was on the back of the glovebox liner and one totally eaten by silverfish under my 6 way seat.

70aarcuda

Reaction score
I have the one that was above the glove box...I have looking for it for years...it was on the floor of the car under the box which has the new pressure plate....We will be looking for others as we disassemble the interior in the coming months....

i bought the throw out bearing..clutch disc and pressure plate back in nov 1988....the receipt was still in the box...

I have a new set of rallye wheels for it still in the box...i have set of OEM side pipes ..mufflers..and hangars that i bought back in 1979 from the local dodge dealer...

And I was going to retire again at the end of this year....but work asked me to stay on for another project that last about 8 months....more money to spend to get this thing back on the road...

We are not doing a 100% concourse resto....but the guy said it will look like new went he gets done...as the car will stay in the family and I want to drive it ......dont like banging the gears ....

Last edited:

1966gbeau

Reaction score
Well it's nice to see that I am not the only one to hang on to a project for a long time good for you I know what it is like to never loose interest in a project . Awesome car man I bet you are excited

Old B5

Reaction score
Nice car. You were smart enough to have the insight to hang on to it all of these years. I like original as much as the next guy but restored cars always look better in my opinion.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I always think it's great to have a car you have owned a long time.
I picked up my A66 Challenger vert in 1979 and kept it on the road till 1984; then it went in to storage. (just started to work on it 3 years ago)
You beat my ownership by 5 years.
My inspection sticker shows the last year it was on the road!

Dino2 (1).gif

Inspect Sticker Dino.JPG

Back