• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger A66, pistol grip convertable

SASSY

Reaction score
Hello mopar fans,

Just bought a 1970, one owner challenger convertible, B5 , A66 vehicle, pistol grip and all, personal research has yielded that only 263 of these were made with a 340, suspect not all of them had a 4spd, any thoughts on this number? Any idea on how many of the 263 produced had the 4 spd? Did these have a scat sticker? Will post some pics soon but would love to hear any reviews on this vehicle, Very excited to have gotten this gem with the original window sticker, original bill of sales from the dealership and every receipt for anything bought for it, from shocks to all of its tune up's. looking forward to learning all I can of it!
Thanks to all that may reply!
Sassy- proud owner of the above vehicle and a 1972 challenger with 59k original miles.

IMG_0918[1].jpg

IMG_0921[1].jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! 66 were 4 speeds and yours looks like a damn fine example! Are those white seats with the blue door panels? What's the build date? I think Cuda Hunter is going to want to see the fender tag on this one and we need more pics!

340challconvert

Reaction score
A66 Challenger vert

Congrats from a fellow A66 Challenger vert owner.
Some info on the A-66 cars:

As per the '70 Dodge "salesman's pocket guide" 9/23/69 version:
CODE A66 - Challenger 340 CID engine package - $258.90
NA Special Edition (29), NA R/T (JS)
15" Rallye wheels (W21) - required at EXTRA cost
collapsable spare (W34) - required at EXTRA cost

This changed at some point - as the following shows
Changes made around 10/20/69 - As per the '70 Dodge "dealership data book"

CODE A66 - Challenger 340 CID engine package - includes
340 engine - E55
F70-14 RWL tires - T87
R/T hood
H.D. brakes
H.D. suspension
"bumble bee" stripe
"scat pack" decals
wheel lip mouldings "DELETED"
(info from Hamtramck Historical)

I finally started to work on mine (Y1, 340 automatic, w rallye dash, early October build date) owned since 1980
Yours is in better shape!
Best of Luck-Share some pics

Dino rt side view 8-15.jpg

SASSY

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Where did you locate the number with 4spds? (66) would love to know. Seat have covers on them. All blue interior. Production was 11/69.. Need to figure out how to post more photos from this link, will keep trying, thanks for replying!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Factory production numbers brought to you by Galen Govier by way of his "White Books". Is your hood engine call out a decal or an emblem?

SASSY

Reaction score
posted my fender tag, hope your able to find it

SASSY

Reaction score
hood appears to be a painted surface, was painted about 10 years ago

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Post a pic of the hood from the side. We need to see the side of the raised portion of the hood. Thanks.

SASSY

Reaction score
post a pic of the hood from the side. We need to see the side of the raised portion of the hood. Thanks.

must have been a decal, no holes found on inside of hood, is there a reason some hoods had decals vs hole drilled emblems?

Back