• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda headlamps

Gregok

Reaction score
I am restoring my first ebody, 1970 Cuda. I bought the car gutted and in primer and I am sure I am missing some parts and certainly some knowledge on how it will go back together. Specifically, how are the headlights secured to the metal buckets on the support panel? I did not receive a lot of front end parts. I looked and found headlight rings for 1971 Cuda and later but no reference for the 70. I am assuming there is something special for this year of Cuda? If you have pics or experience that would certainly help. Sorry for asking such a goofy question but I don’t know what I don’t know. Thanks.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
First - welcome to FEBO from NW CT. You should definitely introduce yourself in the "Welcome Wagon" section and show us your car!

1970 'Cuda headlamp retainer rings are the same as 1972 and up. 1971 is the only year with the 4 headlamp system and have different retainer rings than the '70. The correct retainer rings for your 1970 are readily available through most of the usual aftermarket/OER suppliers. Here is one I happened to find in my search but there are several others: Original Car Parts | Exterior Body Muscle Car Parts

Good luck with your resto. Lots of us here to answer your questions...

Gregok

Reaction score
First - welcome to FEBO from NW CT. You should definitely introduce yourself in the "Welcome Wagon" section and show us your car!

1970 'Cuda headlamp retainer rings are the same as 1972 and up. 1971 is the only year with the 4 headlamp system and have different retainer rings than the '70. The correct retainer rings for your 1970 are readily available through most of the usual aftermarket/OER suppliers. Here is one I happened to find in my search but there are several others: Original Car Parts | Exterior Body Muscle Car Parts

Good luck with your resto. Lots of us here to answer your questions...
Thanks for this information, it is very helpful as now I know what I didn’t know. My car is at the painter so it will be a little before I can post photos.

Back