• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 WSS Dodge Challenger 340 plum crazy slap stick auto

wss340challenger

Reaction score
hello, any suggestions on donor disc brake assemblies and proportioning valve ,this car has factory manual drum brakes all around ,im going to keep it manual

wss340challenger

Reaction score
will fenders from a 73 74 challenger fit my 1970 challenger ? and what is the going price for the A63 argent tail panel for a 1970 challenger ? i know ...if i can find one

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can change the side maker light and add the headlight bucket and make the 73's 1970 fenders.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It shouldn't be too hard to find decent early fenders but Tod is right, the '73 fenders can be modified to work. I would keep looking and not sell the fenders you have till you find a correct set. You can buy new ones from AMD.

wss340challenger

Reaction score
hello ,,,,what is the original finish for the blower motor ? my engine is orange ..is it hemi orange or just chrysler orange ?working on the new engine now --360 block is at the machine shop and i'm shopping around for a 408 stroker kit

quapman

Reaction score
Pretty sure Hemi and Chrysler Orange (engine) paint are the same.

Blower motor should be cadmium plated. This is a silvery color, not to be confused with Yellow zinc, which is not correct.

moparlee

Reaction score
Mopar Performance has two shades of orange. Race hemi orange (lighter) and street hemi orange (darker). A 1970 340 would be street hemi orange. Your 360 would have been turquoise blue.

wss340challenger

Reaction score
i plan on having the new stroker engine look like the original engine when i open the hood ,all orange with the original air cleaner
i guess the previous owner had race plans for the car ,he had the trans built with a Cheetah reverse manual valve body and very deep aluminum pan,he also had a new Boss hog torque converter-just some more things i need to change
i spent a little more time on it this weekend ,i cleaned out the interior and was amazed - not a spec of rust in the floors - i threw out the rusty original exhaust system that was still in the car , the trunk is a different story - it will need the center portion replaced but i lucked out again -the previous owner had purchased a new trunk floor and forgot to give it to me when i picked the car up-i dont know the quality of the new part ,i guess i'll find out when i pick it up

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
WSS 340 Car appears to be very rare (only one accounted for)

I am reading that only 1 WWS 340 powered Challenger was built. This looks to be a very rare car!
Restore it with the original engine and trans.
http://www.challengerspecs.com/1970challenger_western_special.htm
I attached the website that goes over the WSS info
Cool car-Restore it please

Dino2 (1).gif

wss340challenger

Reaction score
yes i have seen that before ,well i know i have one and someone else on here says they have one also ,im in the process of sending all my docs -vin plate pic ,copies of both build sheets ,under hood tag pic ,and various pics of the car to Galen Govier .i'm very interested in what info he has and what he's seen recently
It's going real slow with the car build but i'm doing most of it myself which is lots of fun and makes me reminisce of when i dragged my first car home on my 16 th birthday ----a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 340 ---i dont know if it was a WSS but it did have the sport hood and dual exhaust out the back ,blue on blue column shift automatic,i will post a pic soon

quapman

Reaction score
IMO, don't waste your time & money with Galen. Barry Washington has a list of the WSS Challengers and has 100 times more knowledge than GG.

ONE 340 WSS?? LOL. Mine was the first that Galen was made aware of. Prior to that, there were "absolutely NO 340 WSS Challengers. They were ALL 2bbl cars." according to him.

I've seen three on ebay myself in the last ten years. Rare, yes. One of a few? Maybe.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1776567/2.html

Barry's E-mail: [email protected]

Barry's website with lots of FREE info:

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/index.shtml

Last edited:

wss340challenger

Reaction score
Big question.....my k-member has a tag welded to it on the drivers side facing the front of the car....are all k members tagged this way. I once sold a hemi kmember out of a 69 roadrunner that had a tag also

Back