• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Challenger 340 RT

ramenth

Reaction score
This car is looking better and better all the time. And considering the quality of work going into it, that's saying something.

71Redcuda

Reaction score
Working on the motor, getting it pieced together. Making sure we have everything.
DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN01421.jpg

Should the block be in a different color than the valve covers?

440six

Reaction score
Should the block be in a different color than the valve covers?

No, this picture was when we were test fitting everything to make sure it fit and that we weren't missing anything. There's pictures after when we installed the tranny just before going in with it painted.

440six

Reaction score
When are you painting the front radiator support?
Incredible. Of course it helps having the best person (Kori) in the country helping put it back together.

The rad support blackout

DSCN0269.jpg

Big Jim

Reaction score
Words don't do justice to the amount and quality of work invested in this car-this should inspire all of us to raise the bar just a bit!

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Is the small port on that valve cover breather for the fuel tank vent tube attachment? I am looking for some way to deal with the vent line on my 71 ad I changed carbs and my new carb does not have an input for it.

440six

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some up date picks. Had a busy summer with a move so not a lot was done. We got all the side glass, velts and door mechanisms installed. Took some time getting the rain gutters & glass to fit nicely. The after market quarters are not 100% accurate.

DSCN4036.jpg

DSCN4010.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

440six

Reaction score
Got some work done on the trunk compartment. Still looking for a date coded space saver.

DSCN4032.jpg

DSCN4030.jpg

DSCN4028.jpg

DSCN4026.jpg

440six

Reaction score
matching all the original assembly line marks as best we can.

DSCN4044.jpg

DSCN4042.jpg

RexDub

Reaction score
Beautiful car, awesome story, you have my utmost respect sir

7071 challenger

Reaction score
Amazingly detailed. You have all my respect. Can you tell us what is the cost of that incredible restoration? I' m speachless...

Bashton

Reaction score
Great to see an update! Looks amazing.

Invite stands, but for the 2012 edition of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, November 17-18, 2012. Would love to have you join us.

I imagine we will see you and the car at Chryslers at Carlisle and/or Mopar Nats this summer?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

440six

Reaction score
Great to see an update! Looks amazing.

Invite stands, but for the 2012 edition of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, November 17-18, 2012. Would love to have you join us.

I imagine we will see you and the car at Chryslers at Carlisle and/or Mopar Nats this summer?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Thanks, Looks like you guys put on a excellant show. Right now we're shooting for Mopars at the strip in Vegas this spring. Living in Western Canada with not a lot of time off makes it hard to plan a Eastern trip. If my schedule can work it in I definately would like to attend.

Bashton

Reaction score
Thanks, Looks like you guys put on a excellant show. Right now we're shooting for Mopars at the strip in Vegas this spring. Living in Western Canada with not a lot of time off makes it hard to plan a Eastern trip. If my schedule can work it in I definately would like to attend.

Awesome; :icon_salut:

Would love to have you join us!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

68427vette

Reaction score
this is one of my favorite threads!! keep up the work,, and more pics please!! what was wrong with the 1/4's? top window lip?

Back