• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Dodge challenger

moparleo

Reaction score
Looks lot like a lot of cut and patch work to be done. If you don't replace the wavy panels it may cost more to try to fix them properly Than to replace with new. Looks like last owner didn't care about quality..

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Ya looks like it was hit, very crappy repair attempt, then gave up on. It sat since 82 so not surprising on a lot of the little patching work needed. The only real wavy pieces are the passenger side frame rail, front driver side floor pan, very little on the firewall, and the torsion bar crossmember is pushed toward the back of the car where the torsion bar goes on the driver side. All the metal is super strong so not sure if I should save as much metal as I can or just replace it. I know for sure I need a new trunk floor, driver side quarter, driver side inner fender and passenger side but I have a NOS one of those, core support and passenger side frame rail. Maybe a torsion bar crossmember if it can't be saved and maybe the upper cowl.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Shout out to wood grain wheels. My rimblow steering wheel turned out awesome!

image_1448864613507.jpg

72chally440

Reaction score
I agree with Leo here. I chose to use patch panels in some areas. In hindsight, the time & cost of doing that was probably more than it would have been to replace entire panels. The finished product likely would have been better as well.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while been super busy but I did just send my car off to have the metal work finished. Will be putting pics up as soon as I get the car back.

Bill

Reaction score
All in all it looks pretty solid. But that's coming from someone who lives in the rust belt of Vermont. Nice project!

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
Does anyone know the measurements to where I'm supposed to drill the holes for the rear quarter scoops? Or where the scoops should measure from the edges I have no clue where they should go.

saderbaseball1145

Reaction score
The fenders actually fit very well and look great. I mocked up the grille and bezels and everything fit perfect.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
You are doing an amazing job, very nice work and progress

Back