• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

20 Years old, first mopar. 70 Barracuda.

Garrett

Reaction score
I remember when it was for sale, you got yourself a very decent car at a bargain price.

Definitely a bargain for sure, like I said he was a great guy to deal with... stuck to his word and kept his price.

Yeah, I'm just razzzing you.

I figured, hey thanks for the lead on craigslist by the way. Everyone on here is really cool so far, i'm kinda blown away by the support and help everyone has to offer!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the obsession !!
Great that you were able to get a decent buy on a 70 as well

mrjlr

Reaction score
That's awesome!
Any more details?
What are your plans for it?!!!

Jeff

/sixchall

Reaction score
Welcome Garrett to the forum from SoCal. For your first Mopar you scored a winner. Your right Mark is a great guy, I’ve talked many times with him over the phone. He’s really informative when it comes to Mopars. I consider him a real friend. Thanks, Al

Garrett

Reaction score
That's awesome!
Any more details?
What are your plans for it?!!!

Jeff
Hey, sorry for the late reply. No real plans at the moment, we are playing around with the idea of an AAR tribute. But other than that i'm trying to focus on getting the big things we need... so far we've been able to get a 4 speed trans, 8 3/4 e-body rear with a 3:55 posi. So we're slowly acquiring some parts!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hey, sorry for the late reply. No real plans at the moment, we are playing around with the idea of an AAR tribute. But other than that i'm trying to focus on getting the big things we need... so far we've been able to get a 4 speed trans, 8 3/4 e-body rear with a 3:55 Sure Grip. So we're slowly acquiring some parts!
Fixed that for you. If you’re going to do this we need you to speed MOPAR!:D

seneca

Reaction score
Garrett, welcome to the Mopar hobby. It's good to see a youngster getting involved. Going to car shows lately is like being at the nursing home during recess; all you see are us old geezers wandering around a bunch of great looking old cars that are in a helluva lot better shape than we are! Glad your pop is involved, too. Who knows; he may come over from the dark side ( F lip O ver R ead D irections ) after he gets into the Cuda. This site has a lot of great guys with a ton of knowledge on E Bodies; be sure and pick their brains when you need help.

mofish

Reaction score
Welcome to the hobby Garrett. Cool project you have there. I like the AAR tribute idea as I am planning something similar....so what colour are you thnking?

Garrett

Reaction score
Garrett, welcome to the Mopar hobby. It's good to see a youngster getting involved. Going to car shows lately is like being at the nursing home during recess; all you see are us old geezers wandering around a bunch of great looking old cars that are in a helluva lot better shape than we are! Glad your pop is involved, too. Who knows; he may come over from the dark side ( F lip O ver R ead D irections ) after he gets into the Cuda. This site has a lot of great guys with a ton of knowledge on E Bodies; be sure and pick their brains when you need help.

Hey man i'm at every car show and what's cool to me is all the stories/experiences the older guys have to share. Whether it's about drag racing back in the day, cruising with friends or just old tips and tricks. The older guys are the ones who had the most fun and actually got to enjoy these cars. I'm just glad I can maybe carry some of that history on some day.

Welcome to the hobby Garrett. Cool project you have there. I like the AAR tribute idea as I am planning something similar....so what colour are you thnking?

Right now we are between EF8 Green or FE5 Red... I think the red would really pop with the black hood/stripe, definitely an eye catcher, it stands out a little more. The green has a subtle attitude though, looks very elegant but kind of unsuspecting. We might have to flip a coin! Lol

Last edited:

dadeo1852

Reaction score
My vote is EF8 but, then again, I'm biased.
DSCN2045.JPG

Back