• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

426 max wedge engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Located: Houston, Texas price: 12000.00

I have a 426 max wedge stage 3 complete for sale. the pad reads as follows A426 HP 3 22 2. To those who do know these motors are rare and hard to find. this motor has the original heads, crank, rods, and block.. this motor has the hp forged crank rods assemblies, je pistons, 1 piece valves, hardened locks and retainers and springs. new camshaft,new lifters, has new eldebrock performance 440 single plane intake manifold victor, mopar flat black aluminum valve covers, holley double pumper 850 cfm, bored .30 over.. alot more parts to list.. seriousinquiry's only.. no tire kickers.
Engine is bolted to engine stand ready for pick up
pm if interested.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How hard is it to sell a item like this for the right price. Everyone I have talked to said these engines are a rare item.
I think it would be of interest to someone building an early 60's b body max wedge car, especially a 65 model owner looking for a year appropriate engine.
Generally today most people look for 383 and 440 big blocks for a restoration or build, or even a hemi (1st and 2nd gen+)
You would need the right buyer who needs an early sixty's BB 426 wedge engine. They are hard to find and were the hot ticket prior to the hemi release.
Personally, I think they are cool engines. Did you put an ad on FBBO? Someone may be looking for a 426W.
Best of luck w the sale!
Dino2 (1).gif

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The collectability factor on these engines is really limited to Max wedge car restorations and the really rare parts are the cross ram intake manifolds, Carbs and factory cast iron exhaust header/manifolds.
Somebody building an engine currently would use more modern parts as they are usually better at making reliable horsepower than 50 year old engine combinations other than the Hemi. Nostalgia Cars = Max-Wedge 413 & 426 ci. Today = Fuel injected, Gen II & III Hemi's

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be of interest to someone building an early 60's b body max wedge car, especially a 65 model owner looking for a year appropriate engine.
Generally today most people look for 383 and 440 big blocks for a restoration or build, or even a hemi (1st and 2nd gen+)
You would need the right buyer who needs an early sixty's BB 426 wedge engine. They are hard to find and were the hot ticket prior to the hemi release.
Personally, I think they are cool engines. Did you put an ad on FBBO? Someone may be looking for a 426W.
Best of luck w the sale!
View attachment 35234
No didn't know to post on that site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back