• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 4 speed pedals in a 73 Chahllenger

challenger_73

Reaction score
Hi all...I installed a set of 1970 Challenger Pedals in My 1973 Challenger. I've tried everything but I can't seem to get the brakes bled. I checked the distance of the push rod to the master cylinder and it's fine. The entire system is new. I tried to swap the master cylinder as well. No Luck. I'm starting to think it is either a bad booster or the wilwood proportioning valve. it is a stock brake system all but the proportioning valve. I've called summit and wilwood prior to purchasing the proportioning valve and and they told me that this Proportioning valve could be used with a stock brake system. I've spoke to them several times after the purchase as well. I even took it to a shop and they could not get it bled either. I am clueless on what the issue is. any help would be appreciated. The proportioning valve that I have is the 260-11179.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Does your system a have brake reset? pull it out or hold it when pumping.

brake resrt.jpg

bc3j

Reaction score
Metering valve. I pressure bleed my system with the metering valve, but I have tool c4121 to hold the metering valve open. Tool needs to be removed before pushing on the brake. Gravity bleed and pedal bleed are not an issue bleeding the system with the metering valve (see FSM). Pressure bleeding needs tool c4121.

Steve340

Reaction score
The brake booster itself will not be your problem regarding bleeding unless it is not returning all the way back. I would recheck the booster pushrod - if the compensating ports in the master cylinder are not being exposed you will never get the brakes to bleed on either circuit.

Back