• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 AAR Bringing it back from the accident.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
I figured I would start a kinda build thread here. Be patient with me Been busy!!. I'm not a big PC guy I'll do my best.
This story starts years ago. My buddy bought a 70 Burnt orange AAR Cuda , 4spd car from someone in the early 70's. On his way home one night in 75 he encountered a bridge, I mean really encountered it! Evidently ice was the culprit. All he remembered was hitting the bridge and waking up in the passenger seat. He had gone from the front seat to the drivers rear seat and ended up in the front passenger seat! He was unconscious. had a cut on his calf from the ashtray and his bell rung bad. Lucky to have survived. He brought the totaled cuda home and stripped everything he could and put the parts away. Flash forward and I convinced him to do something with it. He agreed so here we are! Gonna be a long journey as the car is gonna need a lot of love. I'll put up some pics from when I saw it.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
IMG_4342.JPG

Torqueflite

Reaction score
More later. Gotta go pull more parts off. LOL. Anyone ever wrestle with that big clutch pedal spring??

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Black interior. Was complete when he stripped it. He's getting the parts together . Stored them a long time. He has the build sheet he took out in 75. Showing 75,000 mi.

Reaction score
Sad it was wrecked, glad it’s still here! Thanks for sharing.

Why do you need to do anything with that spring?

Just leave it there. You can remove the pedal assembly and Spring will still be on it.

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Black interior. Was complete when he stripped it. He's getting the parts together Showing 75,000 mi.
Sad it was wrecked, glad it’s still here! Thanks for sharing.

Why do you need to do anything with that spring?

Just leave it there. You can remove the pedal assembly and Spring will still be on it.
Thanks, I hadn't looked that close yet. I sure didn't want to mess with it.

Back