• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda build

Reaction score
Picked up a 70 cuda two weeks ago... Picked up the graphite metallic paint from english color along with ppg 2002 clear this past weekend. First thing I will be doing is paint then suspension, wheels followed by a 5.7 swap. Car came with a 5.7 hemi motor and trans out of an 04 ram.

Car is running and driving the only issues are the trunk floor and the paint guy just called me and told me there is a ton of bondo on the passenger quarter.

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1908.JPG

Reaction score
The shop is taking the car all the way down to the metal so we can see what we have. Factory hemi orange car, painted green, blue and flat black at some point so I want to go all the way down and do it right.

I wanted to get car straight to paint, it will be 2-3 months before I get it back.

I need to find a new front grille along with the from lower valance plastic piece. The tail light trim pieces are bent in the middle so I will need to see if I can bend them back.

Restored a 66 mustang a couple of years ago and man these mopar parts are expensive as can be.

Reaction score
Haha I like that analogy… I spoke to the guy over at be/a about a couple of parts. He knows his stuff but man are the parts expensive. Every car show I would take my mustang too before never had many mopars, now I will be one of the few with the cuda. Cant wait to get it back from paint and put back together.

Back