• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New gal here from arkansas

ldavis

Reaction score
I am a new member from arkansas. My dad picked up a 1974 cuda for a daddy daughter project. She is a matching number car so we are wanting to restore it back to as original as possible. We have the vin numbers on the door and dash but I can not find out where the codes for the paint and interior is at. Someone has already replaced the fenders so no tag there. Thanks for the help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Welcome from Arizona! :welcome: I don't think you can find any of the details you're looking for without a fender tag or build sheet. The VIN will only give general info like hardtop or convertible, Gran Coupe or Cuda, but not specific options like interior color. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Looks like a good project car. Your best bet at this point for paint is places that have over spray or hidden areas where someone didn't paint over. Like behind the rear bumper brackets. Looking at the photos, I would guess K6 Autumn Bronze Poly and a white interior. Others might have a better guess. It will be fun to see your progress.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. As mentioned above you have to look for the tattle tales that haven't been disturbed. Such as the door vin if it looks to be untouched the original color is more than likely there. peel a small part of it to look. under headliner over spray of color. There are other places. Tail panel.under trunk gasket,up inside trunk,front outer inner fenders.The blue firewall could be a dead give away.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:

Qtip

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. As mentioned above you have to look for the tattle tales that haven't been disturbed. Such as the door vin if it looks to be un touched the original color is more than likely there. peel a small part of it to look. under headliner overspray of color. There are other places. The blue firewall could be a dead give away.View attachment 112300
Welcome! RTA has it right I think. Unless the car was rotisserie painted at some earlier point, that is you.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site , 74 is very rare & the lowest production year .
I agree that the firewall by the steering column may be the giveaway as far as original color so it may ave been Petty blue / Corporate blue / Basin street blue .

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado.

Let's see the door tag and the vin and we will give you some information.

Looks more like B5 blue instead of Petty Blue. More pics needed.

If the door panel is the original panel it would be a black interior.

It is apparently a BS Cuda and not a BH barracuda code.

Is it originally a manual or an automatic? The trans tunnel will tell you that.

Xcudame

Reaction score
The firewall blue looks rattle can painted to me. If you zoom in, you can see the telltale "spots" of spray. Notice the brown paint on the door jamb, it's worn on the corners and you can see bare metal and no hint of blue. If it was blue, seems like more would show up in other places.

blubyou340

Reaction score
I am a new member from arkansas. My dad picked up a 1974 cuda for a daddy daughter project. She is a matching number car so we are wanting to restore it back to as original as possible. We have the vin numbers on the door and dash but I can not find out where the codes for the paint and interior is at. Someone has already replaced the fenders so no tag there. Thanks for the help.

View attachment 112240

View attachment 112241

View attachment 112242

View attachment 112243
Its in the left dashboard under the glass i think it starts on the 7th didgit or pull the door card usually has the original paint look at a 74 paint chart. Its in the vin code

blubyou340

Reaction score
Its in the left dashboard under the glass i think it starts on the 7th didgit or pull the door card usually has the original paint look at a 74 paint chart. Its in the vin code
Like b5 blur. Jy9 dark poly mettallic. Or 👿 fc7 plum crazy purple. Good luck gonna be a fun project with dad my sister lives in rogers and my aunt and uncle live in harrison on the mountain cool

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
I own a 73 Cuda that looks to be the same color. Like Chryco mentioned, Petty blue, Basin street blue. TB3. Good luck on the restoration!

IMG_1543.png

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
I'm with Xcudame, looks like K6 Autumn Bronze when you look at the other areas.

blubyou340

Reaction score

View attachment 112240

View attachment 112241

View attachment 112242

View attachment 112243
Not having the fendertag nor build sheet 2 things you could do maybe 3. Having white door cards you can pretty much tell if there original just matching things up on both sides ill bet its white seats white headliner backseat and molding. Black console dash carpet. Just a guess . if you have the title you could research back to previous owners or dealership look for specific inprints at the rear or bumper for the metal tag from the dealership or used car place look up under dash for carpet fibers or broken plastic pieces in the trunk dropoffs for pieces parts papers im sure your dad has cool ideas. If nothing else use your imagination make it yours not cookie cutter. It can always be changed . being very low production numbers helps a little. I had a 74 dodge challenger it was a 3 tag car 4 speed pistol grip 360 map lights 2 mirrors a 3:55 rear axle i had the build sheet . that is one of the lasr performance options you could order in 74.powersteering am fm front and rear speakrs and defrost but no air crazy .i had to sell it no choice it sucked .it was a super blue ralley car .crazy thing i had a 73 ralley chall right next to it same exact color less options. Anyway get some mopar books and parts catalogues look at all the diffent options and cars . if i owned this car i would make it a 71 aar pkg. Heres some picks of 1 of my 73s for sale

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. My first Challenger was same color.
Here is a great site to join. Here is just some of the info available from them.

Back