• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

`70 FK5 A66 Resurection

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Great score on some more oem metal for the A66! $100 for the pair and they were local so I didn't have to pay shipping!
Still have the `66 Charger, that is not going as well as I hoped. I know the 1st gen Chargers aren't the most popular of cars but I thought it would be easy to flip being a big block 4spd car.

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Found some more good oem stuff at the Mopar Nats this past weekend.
Got a good price on the air cleaner and the wheel lip mouldings even though the A66 cars were supposed to be wheel lip delete, mine had them on it when I bought it and I couldn't pass them up! Also got an oem quarterpanel that was drilled off at the spot welds for the most part and was very solid except the lower behind the wheel opening.

IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6791.JPG

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6824.JPG

btceng

Reaction score
Good pick ups. Looks like you'll have all the pieces soon. Swap meets just don't happen around my area and finding anything Mopar is rare. I've had some good luck on the internet and with members here.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I thought the oem quarter was a good find, check this score out! Almost rustfree including trunkfloor extensions, inner and outer wheelhouses, doorjamb pillar and not to mention the quarters. At literally a small fraction of the cost of repopped and these are factory assembled, which will also save a lot of labor hours. Pieces like this can shave probably 5K off the cost of the resto. I am stoked!

IMG_6845.JPG

IMG_6846.JPG

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

IMG_6851.JPG

btceng

Reaction score
No doubt. What a great find. I just looked in to getting the rear lower patches, trunk floor extensions, and a one piece trunk floor for nearly a grand. When I first got my car I was thinking that I had found that rare sand, seal, and spray restoration. I knew that there was a trunk floor issue but was considering a glass over or maybe a couple of sheet metal patches. Things change quickly. I have it now stripped down to the shell and suspension. At least now I know what I have and can say I built it. I hope that I can figure out where I put it all.

Big Jim

Reaction score
Have you decided to keep the A66? If so, pm me- may have a smokin' deal on something you might be able to use.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I am definitely keeping this one and I can't wait to actually get started on it. I need to get my `68 Road Runner finished this winter and get a `66 Charger project sold and out of my shop. I'll probably get started on it in the fall. You have me very curious and will pm you now. One of the members in the car club that I am in has a `70 Challenger that is the same color combo as my A66 car, here are a couple of pics of it. It's had a repaint and we were thinking it might be a couple of shades darker then original.

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6857.JPG

IMG_6858.JPG

acguy

Reaction score
Neat car. I love the color combo. It looks about as rough as the Lime green A66 70 that hopefully I will get around to restoring someday.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I just moved the car back into my shop after a year in storage, had to take one of my B-bodies to an off site storage facility to make some room. Very busy with work but I will hopefully get started on this one soon!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice score on Craigslist yesterday! Not the perfect date code for the car, these are 5/8/`69 and I think my engine was cast in July of `69, but they are very nice and it was a fair price.

IMG_7099_3.JPG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks man! Also just scored a pair of NOS 340 FOUR BARREL hood decals! These are s rare that I have only seen them on a car in person once and in a picture twice and nobody is remaking them...yet.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here is the only one I've seen with my own eyes, saw it at the Nat's this year on a convertible that was unrestored.

1313259089861.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No, that's an emblem, I'm Talking decal. Thought to have been used on the early cars before emblems were ready for production. Details are sketchy but finding these NOS ones with part #'s is awesome.

Back