• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71-73 home movies mopars

budascuda

Reaction score
Good times, HAPPY TIMES.
Good music choice too.
Thanks for sharing😍

terrywalker

Reaction score
It sure brings back the memories of the early 70s. I miss those cruising days and hanging out with friends and checking out the cars. Here's a photo of me in 1972 with my Challenger. I still enjoy driving it.
Terry W.

Attachments

• June 1972  Medium.jpg
    June 1972 Medium.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 130

i_taz

Reaction score
It sure brings back the memories of the early 70s. I miss those cruising days and hanging out with friends and checking out the cars. Here's a photo of me in 1972 with my Challenger. I still enjoy driving it.
Terry W.

What your recollection of the Poly-glass ...?

terrywalker

Reaction score
Good road tires for the time. They sucked in snow and ice and rain. I switched to radials as soon as they became widely available and reasonably priced. Goodyear Eagle STs in the 1980s. I did chain the tires up a couple of times in snow. Slow going. As you can see in the photo, I did do winter driving in it. Now, it's wearing Polyglas tires again.
Terry W.

page-6.jpg

i_taz

Reaction score
Good road tires for the time. They sucked in snow and ice and rain. I switched to radials as soon as they became widely available and reasonably priced. Goodyear Eagle STs in the 1980s. I did chain the tires up a couple of times in snow. Slow going. As you can see in the photo, I did do winter driving in it. Now, it's wearing Polyglas tires again.
Terry W

How are the current ones... Are bias as bad as we allow ourselves to believe, especially going back to them ?

I talked to Kelsey about reman the ST's and he said since they were never an OEM tire it won't happen.
Goodyear still has a hand in what get's produced. Thought I had myself talked into going with the Coker Wide Ovals radials but just can't do it...

Dig that view of the Shaker, brings back memories for me too but in a 'Cuda, same seat.... :(

terrywalker

Reaction score
The new ones are okay but never as good as radials. Since I no longer drive the car in bad weather like I did in 1972, it's hard to compare. Still noisy and the cracks between lanes can throw you some if not expecting it. They look great though.
Terry W.

Attachments

• Polyglas Tires.jpg
    Polyglas Tires.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 92
Back