• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'71 Challenger Convertible Restoration Question

Trevor Challenger

Reaction score
I'm currently restoring a 1971 challenger convertible 318 car. The engine and transmission are both matching numbers. I have the body of the car completely done and am getting ready for paint. Should I go back to the original Butterscotch yellow paint with a chestnut brown interior and white top? or go with a more popular color? I know butterscotch and brown is a rare color combo so I was curious if it would add value to the car to keep the original color scheme. Please help, any comments help.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Butterscotch is a great color, here's mine.

image.jpeg

I'd keep it original personally. Do you have any before pics?
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Trevor Challenger

Reaction score
You think that keeping the original color scheme (butterscotch yellow, chestnut brown interior, white top, luggage rack) would make it an easier sell? I plan on selling it down the road. I just don't know whether or not butterscotch would sell better than plum crazy or orange.

moparlee

Reaction score
It all depends on who is buying. But for somebody who wants original they will pay the extra bucks for correctness.

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
In my opinion, I think you should stick to the original colors. Just look at Detmatt's vert...Butterscotch looks great on an E-Body.

Back