• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Challenger replacing master cylinder

T71Challenger

Reaction score
The master cylinder has gone out in my 71 Challenger. What's the best MC for manual brakes? I want to keep it more original as this was my dad's car and taking everything back to original as possible is my goal.

T71Challenger

Reaction score
Manual with 4 drums. Called all the parts places close to me (live in small town) and they have nothing I would put on the car. But, one can order a Cardone for me. Isn't Cardone one of the original MC manufacturers that they used back in the day? I was thinking that Dodge/Plymouth used Bendix and Cardone. I'd like new, nothing rebuilt.

moparleo

Reaction score
No. Cardone is a rebuilder and wasn't around back then. New masters are available from Bendix, Wagner, Raybestos, Centric etc... But be sure to ask for new as most have rebuilt masters also available. Just do your shopping online. All the majors have websites.

71Challenger318

Reaction score
I just got one from the autoparts store. I actually just took it off to upgrade to a late model MC. If you want to pay shipping on it I will give it to you. It wasn't a year old! Looked just like the OEM one it replaced. Its a little tired looking right now from laying on a shelf in the shop but clean it up a bit and paint it with cast blast and you will be good to go.

Back