• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 cuda hood adjustment HELP!!!

lift2win

Reaction score
I am ashed to say that this has consumed 8 hours of my life and i am sure its a simple fix.
I can not get my hood to close, all of the gaps are perfect however the hood will not go down far enough at the front of the car to latch.
I had replaced both inner fenders with AMD pieces, all measured to the same as the old when installed. the hood sits as if it were resting on the pop up spring, but i can not get it to go down ant further to close.
Any ideas? i am assuming a hinge adjustment?

Desperate for help, this is the last thing i need to do before i can take it on its first test drive since the resto

thanks!

js29

Reaction score
What mat said, also the hood latch it's self can adjust up or down. I be leave there are 4 bolts on the latch, and the support can be tweaked A little also.

lift2win

Reaction score
it does not come in contact with the hood bumpers and if i raise hood latch it will sit above the header panel.

moparlee

Reaction score
Your hinges are probably not adjusted properly. Loosen them a little and let them pivot forward to bring the front of the hood down. You may have to re-adjust the hinge height if the back of the hood raises up too much. Somewhere here in the forum there is a complete write up on hood adjustment.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Might take a minute to set up but you could put a light under the hood and with your phone or camera take a video of a hinge as you're closing the hood.

lift2win

Reaction score
mopar lee, i will give that a try this evening.

matt, i can do that. what should i be looking for in the video?

lift2win

Reaction score
lifted the hood hinges all the way up then slowly lowered the fronts until it would shut, then adjusted the rears to sit flush

Back