• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'72 Cuda new wiring

cdstl

Reaction score
I just finished installing a new dash, engine and headlight harnesses. Smoke test complete. No smoke and she starts and charges right around 14.7v.

I don't have any back up lights but I didn't have them before. I will sort that later.

The question has to do with my cluster lamps and heater light. The FSM says to plug the cluster lamps and the console light into the orange mold but the problem is the orange mold has no power to it with the headlights on or off. There is also a red wire that goes into the cluster harness but there is no type of connection on it. Just a strand of red wire that goes into the harness. It appears factory but there is no mention of it in the FSM.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cluster lamp harness.jpg

cdstl

Reaction score
GROUNDS, CAN YOU SAY GROUNDS? I pulled the headlight/dimmer/wiper panel and cleaned up the "ground finger" that grounds to the lower left dash. I also readjusted the dimmer "finger" so that it contacts the dimmer the full arc of rotation.

Lights work. I was beginning to worry that M&H might have missed something. M&H customer support has been helpful as well.

Thanks

Back