• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

Bill

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Music is Dick Dale and Talking Heads. Dick Dale lives in your neck of the woods Leo but was born over here in my neck of the woods.
I love, love, love this car! Next to my wife and family this is the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) coolest thing I have ever done in my life.
Just received this in the mail from an ebay purchase. I don't think I have the proper faceplate to accept this radio. Seller said it is for an E body?
s-l400.jpg

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Not Ebody. 71-74 Bbody. Send it back as Not as Described.

62v.jpg

62v.jpg

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Put it on FBBO. If it works, it is worth more than $28. You should be able to get most, if not all of your money back, including what you paid for shipping.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The C body radio looks alot like the E body radio. Look for the rectangle on the left and the square on the right side of the front lower part of the radio. I think the C body is two squares.

moparleo

Reaction score
Bill,
Another thing to look for when checking out a radio is to turn it over, upside down. Now there must be 2 threaded mounting holes in the casting. If there are no holes, it is not for an E-body.

Bill

Reaction score
Working on dash trim and HVAC.
I have the SEM plastic paint system. Was wondering how to get the white highlighted areas painted??? Was thinking whiteout???
How do I get from this.heat control.jpg

To thisheat control after.jpg

heat control.jpg

heat control after.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
This is what I have to work with not. Any ideas on how to get the white on? Teeny, tiny sponge brush??001.jpg

001.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Thanks quapman!! I'll get one tomorrow at Staples. It is amazing how lost I would be without this forum steering me in the right direction.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Hobby shops sell paint pens that are designed just for this. I used a white for the lettering and silver for the outlines. They come in several colors. Testor's brand or Sharpies enamel. Both work great. Practice on something else first. It takes a light touch.

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
I purchased the paint sticks at Staples. I painted the highlighted letters and square with the white paint. It looked awesome! I was on my very last (last, last) little part that needed to be done and a big drop of white paint came out of the pen and ruined what I had done. ARGH!!!. I repainted the black on it and will try again.

Bill

Reaction score
Been working on the interior panels. (Before and after).015.jpg

024.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

015.jpg

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
I purchased the paint sticks at Staples. I painted the highlighted letters and square with the white paint. It looked awesome! I was on my very last (last, last) little part that needed to be done and a big drop of white paint came out of the pen and ruined what I had done. ARGH!!!. I repainted the black on it and will try again.

You apparently have my same luck with these things. :(

Back