• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Rally Challenger 340 3 speed

yarddog41

Reaction score
Found a 73 Rally Challenger #'s matching 340 3 speed console car in NC for sale. Car has fresh paint and motor has a complete rebuild. Owner has everything to complete the restore; new Legand seat covers, carpet, vinyal top, new tires, etc. Stats that glass and chrome all are good and no rust. Car is a matching # car with build sheet and fender tag. I haven't seen the car other than a few pics that I'll try and post....sorry Newbee her..lol! Ower wants $15k for the car.

Question 1 for the experts: what's the car worth in this condition?
Question 2: Estimate what it will cost to complete the restore?
Question 3: How rare is this car? Anyone have production #'s?
Thanks from down south!

73 Challenger.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Ray

Reaction score
There ya go. Looks like a nice car. Check it out in person if you can. Welcome to FEBO.

btceng

Reaction score
Looks like a great car. The question of worth gets kicked around a lot here. Not to be a smart--- but it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Prices on the 72 to 74 cars aren't great but it's a decision you have to make based on your interest in the car. Buying a new car is more expensive and a worse investment, at least short term. Most really nice ones of this vintage won't bring over 25k from what I've seen. Now if it were a 70 or 71 its a different story. I will have close to that kind of money in mine at that stage and its a 72 and not numbers matching.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice looking car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!
My book says 279 made so it's a rare piece, but rare and desireable don't always go hand in hand with the 3 spd.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Loks like a good deal but what is it worth to you , are you planning to keep it or sell it ? Making $$ with this car is possible but don't count on it , , with the paint& body done & 3/4 assembled I am sure he has more invested than the asking price so it is a good deal from that point , are all the rest of the paerts there to finish the car , are the bumpers needing to be rechromed ? the interior could run 3-4 K to finish if everything needs to be redone , carpets, seats, headliner , although the dash pad looks ok

yarddog41

Reaction score
Buying to keep. Seller has new seat covers, carpet, headliner and vinyal top already purchased that goes with the car. Would it still cost 3-4k to have this work done? Don't know about the bumpers condition. He claims he has all the parts for the car, but don't know in what condition.

bad440

Reaction score
I would check the undercarriage very closely for signs of previous heavy rust or damage(frame, etc.), but the pictures you have shown tell me you probably have a good one. I am an original owner of my 74(still have it) and know where the rust begins on these. As far as price, I laugh at those guys that think the 70-71's are the only E bodies that are of value, maybe a few years ago, but not so much now; remember the only really expensive E bodies in the early years were the big blocks and Hemis, and they were far and few between, most had 318's ,hell the slant six is probably more rare than a 440 car. Try and buy a new Challenger and you will see that 15K for a good solid musclecar is a deal.

Back