• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

74 challenger

marcus

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I have a 1974 Challenger. The other day I was trying to take the glove box bulb out and the wire accidentally touched the metal and caused a spark and apparantly a short. Now my turn signals and flash hazards don't work and when I do attempt to use them the number 3 fuse blows. Before the fuse blows I can see that the driver side turn signal flashes brighter than the passenger side, and the rear driver side signal does not work at all. All the bulbs are fine. Anybody know what I need to do to get them to work again?

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO and you have just experienced one of the few major flaws we have with our Mopars. Electrical demons. Number one thing to do is to start at the rear tailights and work your way forward rechecking all the grounds and bulbs connections. I f your bulbs are more than a few years old, I would buy new ones. They are very inexpensive to replace. I would get all new high quality bulbs, like Sylvania etc... not the cheap Chinese or Taiwan ones. Check with the major parts stores in your area. Usually cheaper if you buy full box quantities. Usually 10 bulbs to the box. Also check all of the fuse connections and unplug and clean the fuseblock connections at the firewall. Better to do a little preventive maintenance now, then wait for something else to pop up on you. And usually at the worst time.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Lots of great advice on here as you can already see. Now let's see some pics.

CudaKeith

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the same thing happened to me years ago with my 74 Cuda, and it was the flasher. Good luck, keep us posted.

Back