• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

a challenging situation lol

superstock

Reaction score
i just bought a 70 dodge challenger project good canadate for a prostreet fram rails no good but we plan on building a new chassis for it the one thing been weighing on my mind about it is this and not sure how to deal with it lol the car was a T/A originaly the previous owner was going to restore it but after seeing the fram rails were no good he went and found a slant six challenger better body so he swapped all the numbers and fender tag etc over to the new body and gave me the slant six vin numbers and such sounds confusing so far? so iam at a point now when it gets done iam thinking its going to get registered as a slant six car in order to keep it legal right? he has gave me everything to make it complete again bumper to bumper inside outside etc i couldnt bare to see it get sent to the crusher and scrapped out to much there to let it go is there anybody here that has been through a situation simular to mine? i almost forgot i just joined here a few nights ago in hopes to find a hope and a prayer to getting this challenger on the road and strip again

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What the previous owner did is very wrong and it too bad you didn't know to walk away from it. I sure hope that this guy who's re bodied the T/A is planning on telling the world what he's doing so that the next owner, whenever that might be, knows that it's a fraud. On the brighter side you're just building a strip car for yourself so build away and enjoy it!
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Lets see some pics of your /6 Challenger.

superstock

Reaction score
i do now have a title and bill of sale for the slant six car i totaly agree that this guy needs a swift kick in the jewls for doing this to a real T/A car ill be keeping my eyes at the local cruise nights for this fake T/A car there is so much stuff that you can get to save these cars there is no need to fake-n-bake it in the end if he has any soul left he wont be able to sleep at night lol as soon as i can get started on this car all i can say is its gonna be a hell on wheels prostreet e body heck maybe if any luck i could get to line up with the other guy at a stop light and say remember this!!!

burntorange70

Reaction score
I would look in to the laws on this in your state. Would suck for this to come back and bite you later.

3406pk

Reaction score
There are vin numbers stamped on body in various places, like radiator yoke, rear window/trunk frame, and maybe more. You should research that and find what is required to legally register that car before you sink money into it. If it's a strip only car, you're ok w no title.

Back