• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Alright looking at another 73 rallye can you take a look....

PlumCrazy340

Reaction score
Ok Ive been talking with this guy about his 73 Rallye 340 car has 60k and verified two owners. We are talking $12500 it needs the front fender realigned, some trim and the front bumper from what I can tell from pics but he claims its very reliable and he would drive it anywhere. Im not too hung up on cosmetics I just want to snag a 340 powered ebody and drive it! Plus this one has no rust I can see. The seller sounds like a real honest and stand up guy as well
Let me know what you guys think?
photo-8.jpg
photo-7.jpg
photo-6-1.jpg
photo-5-1.jpg

71 challenger

Reaction score
Is your question is this car worth the price he is asking? If so in my opinion yes. The car seems to be in fairly good it aside from minor issues. the underside looks great even the paint appears pretty good although it does look like there is some "custom" work done under the hood. All of those things could be repaired while you are still able to drive the car Have you seen the car in person or just pictures. I would for sure want to see it in person before I would commit. Pay particular attention to rear fender arches, trunk interior, floor pans (mine looked good until I removed the carpet. later I was told Challengers leak around the windshield)
perhaps use some of the repairs needed to help negotiate a better price. Never hurts to try. Challengers are hard to find especially in good shape and it seemed to me harder to find one the owner was willing to sell . I must have looked at 100 on the internet and in person before I found my '71 but I couldn't be happier. Good luck

PlumCrazy340

Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't be able to see the car in person but he has been very forthcoming of the cars flaws. Challengers are extremely hard to find in my area or I would buy one local I could see and test drive

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the front end is probably beat , no big deal just new bushings etc
Seems like a decent buy but who knows for sure .is there anyone local that can look at it for you ?

moparleo

Reaction score
Looks like a recent paint job. Ask to see the bills for the paint and body. It should note repairs and any rust found on the receipt. The rear valance looks bent or crooked and the exhaust tips are missing. Looks like a " Zolatone " paint job on the bottom of the gas tank. All you GM owners know what that word means. Not a Mopar thing.
No matter how bad you want something you must resist:eusa_hand: the urge to take a chance just because there are not any available locally, and the guy sounds straight up. Ever have someone lie:eusa_liar: to you but you beleived them because they lie real good? Like a good friend, or girlfriend/wife ? It is always cheaper to buy a plane or bus ticket than to buy the wrong car.:oops:
Not a good business decision. But it's your money not ours.

PlumCrazy340

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys! As it turns out I found and bought a 73 cuda locally with a 440 and 4 speed! Pics over in the welcome wagon thread

Back