• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Coating Option for Mild or Natural Steel Headers

JacobP

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing headers for my 440, dont want to pay the price for stainless. Best option for coating?

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Take a look at Eastwood, they have high temperature coatings. VHT brand also, which you can buy at your local parts stores. Tell us about what you are working on.

JacobP

Reaction score
I've got a 73 Challenger with a 440 im working on, currently restoring the engine and repainting the car. Before I drop the engine back in I wanted to replace the stock hp manifolds with a set of headers. I dont really have the budget for stainless, but I dont want to get a set of mild steel and have them tarnish, thus my dilemma.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from NW CT. Aluminum-ceramic coating from a company such as Central CT Coatings in East Hartford, CT is a great option. I have had a few sets of headers and stock manifolds coated inside and out by them. Last forever, looks like polished aluminum on the exterior and interior plus improves flow. Central CT Coatings | Home

mmissile

Reaction score
I've had many ceramic coated headers, manifolds, exhaust-systems, and stuff I wanted to look like polished aluminum. QC Coatings, are the only guys I use, and they do fantastic work, great guys [car guys], and stand behind their products and work. They've been doing custom powder and ceramic stuff for decades. Ask for Bill.

Dun-Right Q.C Coatings

Home | QCCOATINGS.com

moparleo

Reaction score
$10k paint job on $500. car ? The best quality is not much more. Remember that the " Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten. If you just have to put it together now, save what you would spend for plating, shipping etc.. and put towards the best exhaust later. Don't spend twice.

Avalanche

Reaction score
$10k paint job on $500. car ? The best quality is not much more. Remember that the " Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten. If you just have to put it together now, save what you would spend for plating, shipping etc.. and put towards the best exhaust later. Don't spend twice.

Wise words

Back