• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Wiring Harness?

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Well due to be an older vehicle someone always butchers the wiring. So what's the best full body harness?
Painless?

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are going to do it yourself, have you done any wiring before ? It is not everybody's cup of tea. I am one of those. At least on a factory type harness, all of the connections are labeled and the harness pretty much falls into place when extended, as the wires are already cut to the proper lengths. These are sold by Year One. They sell the complete harness. Most others only sell the engine harness or the dash harness.

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
I'm a lineman by trade so wiring isn't a big deal to me. If I wanted to take the time I could make my own harness but it's just faster and less time consuming to buy one.

Canuck74

Reaction score
Year One supposedly has the most factory-correct wiring down to wire colours and correctly shaped connectors. Made by M&H electric, the Chrysler stuff is available exclusively from Year one. One of their connectors is backordered so I have yet to see my harness but I'm sure it's nice!

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
I'll probably end up getting a year one harness. I basically just want a factory harness. It's not like I'm going to he adding power windows and blah blah.

crash520

Reaction score
I bought the MH harness from YO, very happy I did, just use dialectric grease on all connections and enjoy, make sure you also get a headlight upgrade kit with relays from Rob on here, and do the Alt meter bypas mod, from there your set

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Can someone post a link? I can only find partial harnesses. Like rear lights, headlights, engine. They don't have an all in one kit?

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
I don't see a complete harness though. Do you have to buy the forward lighting the rear the dash and the engine all seperate?

Fox Slaughter

Reaction score
Yes. Exactly like the factory harnesses. You have a front light harness, engine harness, dash harness, tail light harness etc... You can just buy them one at a time or all together.

Ahhh gotcha. See for my k5 you can just buy it all complete.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Do you get the discounts from Yearone? They send them via email all the time. 25% off just expired the 19th. I ordered all mine at 30% off , quite a savings.

national

Reaction score
would like to know how to get the discount too if anybody has any codes for online or any info as to times they give discounts
Do you get the discounts from Yearone? They send them via email all the time. 25% off just expired the 19th. I ordered all mine at 30% off , quite a savings.

sdntive

Reaction score
If you want to get just everything at once, try americanautowire. I ordered a kit through them and the kit comes with relays for the headlights.

Back