• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake lines

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
I have a 73 Cuda with disc brakes up front. Do the brake lines go above the rail or below the rail. Had the car at a shop to do the bottom. Long story short, they were taking me for a ride. Told them just to get wheels on it and let me push it out. They couldn't find some of my old parts. I can't compare it to anything. Catalogs seem to have it listed both ways. Does it matter. Which is correct.

moparleo

Reaction score
Well in 1973 disc brakes were standard. In 1972 and down they were optional so you would have two different brake line types as one was for drum brakes and one was for disc brakes.

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
The restoration shop put new black rubber splash pads on above the rails near the A arms in the front wheel wells. The pad on the right front has a hole and a slot through it. The person restoring it does not know if brake line runs though hole or under frame. Doesn't know what the hole would be for. I'm not even sure it is the right pad for this year car.

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
Application Notes: In 1970-74 Mopar used 2 types of brake lines.

• Type 1: Right front line is routed under the frame rail on all 1970 models and select 1971-74 model E-body vehicles.Type 2: Right front line is routed over the frame rail on certain 1971-74 model E-body vehicles
Didn't know which one was correct or if it mattered. Thanks

Lemon twist Cuda

Reaction score
The restoration shop that took the bottom apart has seemed to have lost the anti rattle brake clips. The only place I have found some for my 73 Cuda is Jim's Auto. ( 4 clips for $124.95 ). Anybody know of another place that is reasonable in price. The shop said they would look for some. I think they have a surprise coming.

Back