• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Car Show Signs- what's cool? what is lame?

NixDad

Reaction score
I thought about getting a sign for my car for car shows.
Anyone had success with one of the many vendors for these?

What do you find interesting when you see a sign in front of a car?

I find signs that are big and hide a view of car irritating.
Having signs that can blow over (outside) are an issue.
Signs that include many photos of the car that are 3 feet away seems like redundancy.
Some people include lots of words..stories..details. Where do you draw the line?

heminut

Reaction score
I think one of the best displays is a 3 ring binder with pictures of the car's restoration from start to finish and the car's info on display on the radiator frame where people can look through it if interested.

PLUM_72

Reaction score
I think one of the best displays is a 3 ring binder with pictures of the car's restoration from start to finish and the car's info on display on the radiator frame where people can look through it if interested.
I like the binder idea, but some get carried away with the photos. Maybe a laminated page or two with several photos showing the progress is really all that's needed.
If you're into signs, the best ones are the ones with a base plate that the front tire rolls on top of. This way it doesn't blow away.

floyd

Reaction score
Any suggestions for vendors?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Main problem with that is that means the hood just stays open all day. I prefer to see these cars with the hoods down. That’s the way they were designed to look the best. Rows of cars with the hoods up doesn’t look right to me.

heminut

Reaction score
Main problem with that is that means the hood just stays open all day. I prefer to see these cars with the hoods down. That’s the way they were designed to look the best. Rows of cars with the hoods up doesn’t look right to me.
I'm the opposite! I like my hood up so people can see that late model hemi, but then, I'm a gearhead and I like looking at the engines in the cars. The highschool aged kids love looking at my engine, I've gotten a lot of comments about it from that age group.

PLUM_72

Reaction score
Any suggestions for vendors?
Vendors...Its nice when part prices are clearly marked. I myself and a lot of others never like the parts guy out there that is "displaying their collection" of parts. The reason I say "displaying their collection" is that the part prices are so high, few in their right mind would ever pay those asking prices. You often wonder if there is any intent of selling those items or is it a "see what I have" thing.

If you're asking about types of vendors, food trucks are always good. If the show can get a restoration parts supplier to show up, this is always good especially if they carry some inventory. Shipping these days is absolutely nuts. To be able to buy something on site and not have to pay to ship, is a plus.

Another idea for vendors of any kind is be able to take a credit card via Square or similar. Many may not be carrying the cash needed to buy that must have item. If you accept credit cards via Square, the prospective buyer might be inclined to take that item home. Some vendors will complain about Square fees. By not having it, you may have lost a sale. The person that wanted the item might have paid the few percent fees on top of the price just to make the purchase.

Last edited:

floyd

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for vendors/manufacturers of car show display signs. Thanks

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I don't like or even read the signs in most cases. I agree, I do like looking at the photos of the restoration process.
I usually just keep my hoods closed. However, people always ask me to open them to see my Super Shaker that I made to clear all of this.

20221001_151456.jpg

20200421_155802 (002).jpg

photo0.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpg

NixDad

Reaction score
There are a number of people making show sign boards...Pinterest and Etsy have lots of images.
The company 'Car Show Boards' out of Ottawa Illionois seems to do some design work and allow for download of images and text of your choosing.
It seems to be one that is not too expensive (~$200) for a simple sign. But, I'm sure there are others.

I've had picture books in the past...it's ok, but: 1) people are idiots and are not kind to the pages...and 2) by having a book with pages I am giving 'implied consent' to someone to touch my car and surrounding items.

As far as signs go...I tend to be more of a minimalist. For a Mopar show do I really need to explain what an R/T is? Maybe if I took my car to multi-make shows the general public might find some of those items interesting.
I'm thinking just items of general interest or history of the car.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
You can make whatever you want for a show board sign in Microsoft Office's Powerpoint program.
Just save it as a PDF after you get everything the way you want and take it to FedEx/Kinko's to print in large format on foamboard.
Very inexpensive to do.

Back