• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Considering a 440 Swap and selling my 340-6

wyckedtanker

Reaction score
Well I have a line on a runnning 440 I am thinking about building for my 71 Challenger. I am considering selling my 340-6 setup or possibly selling the motor and 6 pack setup seperatly. any ideas what they would be worth it's a 70-74 casting block 70 casting X heads forged crank hooker headers, with an edelbrock LD-6B 6 pack intake manifold and the Holley carbs. Runs pretty well needs some tuning as they usually do any ideas on a fair price

speedyrt1

Reaction score
340 parts

Well I have a line on a runnning 440 I am thinking about building for my 71 Challenger. I am considering selling my 340-6 setup or possibly selling the motor and 6 pack setup seperatly. any ideas what they would be worth it's a 70-74 casting block 70 casting X heads forged crank hooker headers, with an edelbrock LD-6B 6 pack intake manifold and the Holley carbs. Runs pretty well needs some tuning as they usually do any ideas on a fair price
let me know how much u want , I could use t 340 and heads and six pack for a 70 T/A project Pm here or at [email protected] T H A N K S ! ! !

Avalanche

Reaction score

If the 340-6 is original to the car, you really should keep it. The car will be worth a lot less with a non-matching engine in it, even if its a 440.
If the 340 is not numbers matching, then it dosen't matter.

Tbone416

Reaction score
how about a fresh rebuilt 440 steel crank 452 heads 484 comp cam yours for mine I can send you some pics and the build spec's

Back