• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Correct color for '70 Challenger Grill

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the correct color for my Grill. It's the Argent not R/T.
I bought some from CI OER but, it's to light. I remember Totally Auto used to have paint, but it looks like they don't sell paint anymore. any ideas.
Thanks, Larry

340challconvert

Reaction score
I used to order from Totally Auto till he stopped selling paints. He was stating new EPA regs and shipping costs. The cost of shipping paints by mail increased supposedly due to the new regs? It is crazy to pay $24 for paint and pay $13 for shipping.
I actually drove to his facility in Pennsylvania from Northern NJ and picked up a case 3 years back. Gas was cheaper to pay for then the shipping costs.

I ordered restoration paint from this vendor; quick delivery and happy with the product. Owner is Charlie Dallas who bought Totally A's paint business
MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint

Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

R4Sedan

Reaction score
I used to order from Totally Auto till he stopped selling paints. He was stating new EPA regs and shipping costs. The cost of shipping paints by mail increased supposedly due to the new regs? It is crazy to pay $24 for paint and pay $13 for shipping.
I actually drove to his facility in Pennsylvania from Northern NJ and picked up a case 3 years back. Gas was cheaper to pay for then the shipping costs.

I ordered restoration paint from this vendor; quick delivery and happy with the product. Owner is Charlie Dallas who bought Totally A's paint business
MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint

View attachment 67346
So, is it the Dark Argent Silver I need? The price is crazy!

moparlee

Reaction score
I have used both the light and dark argents from Herbs Mopar Parts for my '71. $19 for spray bomb.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Original non RT 70 Challenger grill was considered medium/dark argent. Prices are outrageous!

One alternative I understand is very close to original is Krylon Fusion Textured Silver . It sells for less then 1/2 and can be bought in Home Depot or hardware stores. Another close match is Krylon fusion textured graphite (CHECK OUT THIS PIC ON A 72 CHARGER GRILL)
IMG_2908%20(Medium).jpg

If you must have "original" the vendor I mentioned above or try roger gibson's paints who also sells in pints/quarters to be used with a spray gun
So, is it the Dark Argent Silver I need? The price is crazy!

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Original non RT 70 Challenger grill was considered medium/dark argent. Prices are outrageous!

One alternative I understand is very close to original is Krylon Fusion Textured Silver . It sells for less then 1/2 and can be bought in Home Depot or hardware stores. Another close match is Krylon fusion textured graphite (CHECK OUT THIS PIC ON A 72 CHARGER GRILL)
View attachment 67349
If you must have "original" the vendor I mentioned above or try roger gibson's paints who also sells in pints/quarters to be used with a spray gun
Thanks, Yes that looks nice.

Back