1. Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cost of replating bumpers

Mopar General Discussions

1. douglas17

douglas17 Active Member

Has anyone had bumpers plated lately, just wondering if its really worth it.
    Maybe someone who has purchased reproductions could offer an opinion on the quality compared to originals. Just putting it out there.
    Tks for now.

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

It is definitely worth it if your original is in good shape. The reproduction bumpers all seem to be too thin, or a little wavy, imo. Also, you could prep and paint the bumper, instead of chrome.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. moparleo

moparleo Well-Known Member

High quality plating is expensive but if you have a show car it will be much better than a stock bumper. Chrome plating is not done at many places in the US anymore because of EPA regulations. AMD bumpers are pretty good though for a non high dollar resto.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. mogenss

mogenss Member

I have bought two sets of repos and sold both again and have replated originals. I will not touch repos.
    Call Jon at custom chrome plating, 3 price levels, on time and on price.

Tell him that Moe send you

https://www.customchromeplating.com/

5. NixDad

NixDad Member

I've used Northstar in Minnesota, which was bought by Keystone Automotive. I feel Northstar does a nice job, but navigating through the huge Keystone Conglomerate can be less personal.
    A set of Challenger bumpers, with 4 bumper guards is going to be close to $1300 i think. Condition of core is a factor.

6. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Over 10 years ago Southern bumper exchange in Atlanta rechromed my two bumpers for $350.00 each. The rear one was bent ..same price they still look great.