• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dad's e-body racecar

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Thanks all you guys for the great compliments. My dad passed away in 2006 from pancreatic cancer. It was a rough year. I would like to paint my Duster with the same paint job as his Challenger some day as a tribute to him, but you know how it goes, the body/paint guy never can get around to painting his own car. Maybe some day.

apederso2

Reaction score
Awesome car. Sorry about your dad. I lost mine in 2006 to cancer as well. If you haven't lost a parent, it is difficult to understand dealing with it.

71Plym

Reaction score
I remember seeing your Dad race that car at the Northstar Nationals in Brainerd. I then again saw it in street trim, probably at the Car Craft Nats in Minneapolis. Nice car.

Rob C

Reaction score
YIKES! Cancer, sorry to hear that. Great shots of he car. And now I know where the screen name comes from.
Name your car Alleyoop 2?

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I remember seeing your Dad race that car at the Northstar Nationals in Brainerd. I then again saw it in street trim, probably at the Car Craft Nats in Minneapolis. Nice car.

Yeah he put it back on the street. He let me drive it a few times to some car show's. It was awesome! Still a fast 10 second street car.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
YIKES! Cancer, sorry to hear that. Great shots of he car. And now I know where the screen name comes from.
Name your car Alleyoop 2?

Thanks rumble! If i could ever get my own crap done I probably would. I still got the purple paint from the stripes.

Last edited:

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
found a picture of it in street trim with the lettering off the car.

2202087-1970Challenger008 copy.jpg

upnover

Reaction score
awesome looking car, 9's back in the early 90's is hauling ass! sorry to hear about your das as well.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
I don't really have an update. Been through a few cars since this thread was started in 2008. Anyways, I do have a dragcar, 71 Demon it's blue with black stripes. I do have one of his old license plate on the front of my car that reads ALLEY-OOP, and a street car, 67 Valiant.

Last edited:

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
All is well! Just living life, I have grandkids, and I sit in front of a computer all day at work now.

So, I do check in every once in a while on some of the forums, but I don't post as much anymore. I'll get back at it one of these days!? Thanks guys!

Back