• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

dash pad removal

transam

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove my new 3 speaker dash pad while on a completed stand to install the two outer speaker brackets that go from underneath with screws?? I forgot to install them and the dash is done and all mounted to the frame??

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Simple way to try. Remove defroster screws loosen bottom mount screws. Tilt dash to install. Might be enough movement in wires and cables. Might have to be removed.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
That's a good question, I wish I could give you a definitive answer. My "guess" is no. If you do have to remove the pad this picture should help locating all the studs.

DashPad 4.JPG

transam

Reaction score
Dash is already out and on a stand all assembled. I need to get at the two backup brackets to install the two outer speakers. Can I get at the without taking out all the bezels cluster ect. The two brackets have top get screwed on from underneath the dash frame

pschlosser

Reaction score
Since the dash is out on a stand, you may be in the best place to judge if you can get the brackets correctly mounted without detaching the pad from the frame.

The VIN tag, is memory serves, is riveted THRU the pad and into the frame. Getting the left speaker bracket in there, without impacting the VIN tag may take some finesse.

I'm guessing it will take under an hour to detach the pad, mount your brackets, and refasten the pad. I cannot imagine what a nightmare it could be trying to do this with the pad assembly installed in the car.

Pulling/installing a dash pad is one of those things I dread, unless the car has been stripped of its interior for bodywork and paint.

It's a real nightmare trying to R&R a dash pad without pulling the center console and/or scratching something, cutting my fingers and bleeding on stuff, or breaking my back doing this alone.

BSG

Reaction score
Since the dash is out on a stand, you may be in the best place to judge if you can get the brackets correctly mounted without detaching the pad from the frame.

The VIN tag, is memory serves, is riveted THRU the pad and into the frame. Getting the left speaker bracket in there, without impacting the VIN tag may take some finesse.

I'm guessing it will take under an hour to detach the pad, mount your brackets, and refasten the pad. I cannot imagine what a nightmare it could be trying to do this with the pad assembly installed in the car.

Pulling/installing a dash pad is one of those things I dread, unless the car has been stripped of its interior for bodywork and paint.

It's a real nightmare trying to R&R a dash pad without pulling the center console and/or scratching something, cutting my fingers and bleeding on stuff, or breaking my back doing this alone.
yup its the worst pulling mine out after not checking the oil pressure gauge i know i can get the cluster out on its own just seems easier with dash assy out. been sitting for weeks waiting on a volunteer assistant.

Katfish

Reaction score
VIN rivets don't go into the frame the dash mounts on.
Solely on the dash pad itself

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Been there back in 67. Cars is not running, maybe go back to Disneyland when it is done.

Back