• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash restoration - door vin

mowerman36

Reaction score
Would like to know the best place to send a 70 E body dash to be restored, and is there a good way to remove the door VIN sticker without destroying it? Thanks

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The door vin decal can't be removed without destroying it but they are being reproduced. If the car is being painted just mask it off, I'd rather take steps to preserve the original than have to worry about replaceing it.

Avalanche

Reaction score
ECS will reproduce the door decal. Contact them before you do anything to see what they need to reproduce it.
Take a picture of it before you try and remove it.

If the car is all original I agree with DetMatt1 to keep original tag.

michael

Reaction score
I sent my dash to just dashes in California.did a very good job.it fit right back in the frame with no issues. They are pricey.

mowerman36

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments. Guess its going to Just Dashes The car is all origin 70 Challenger TA has date correct engine, will try to preserve the door stick, it matchs the VIN Any place to get a fender tag made?

Adam

Reaction score
As for the dash VIN, don't drill them, they will spin and tear up the tag. Use a Dremel with a cut off wheel to get them from the bottom.

aussiemark

Reaction score
On the original Gone In 60 Seconds you see Pace removing the door sticker on the Challenger they "switch over" by warming it up with a lamp but that was when the sticker was fairly new maybe a heat gun on low from a distance will work he also removes the dash VIN.

71Plym

Reaction score
If you send the dash to Just Dashes, make sure you take everything off of it, including the script on the passenger side if your car has that. I made the mistake of leaving the script on my dash when I sent it to them, maybe thinking that was part of the restoration process that I was paying big money for. They pryed the original script off the old dash with a screwdriver or some other crude implement, bending and damaging the script, then glued the damaged script on to the new dash. Not too happy with the result but apparently it was my fault for leaving it on and expecting anything better. I bet they do a better job for Roger Gibson or one of the magazines that tout their services.

michael

Reaction score
It's been 5 years or so ago when I got my dash back from just dashes and when it showed up on my front porch the box was split open and dash was hanging out from box! Upon inspection no damage was done to dash but what couda been! In hindsight I should have called them and suggested they spend 20 cents more on tape to protect my $900 investment.

Back