• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash Vin tag replacement.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Back when I was 17 I installed a new dash I bought in Toledo and being young and less wise I did not swap the vin tag I'd. The original dash was tossed when I was away in college by dad and now I'm just looking to find where I can get another one made with my correct numbers. Comments

Avalanche

Reaction score
I don't think you can make one with the original numbers. There are title companies out there that will make new vin numbers, Google title company.
I'm sure there are members here that can help you better than me.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If all your numbers on the cowl and radiator support match, you may be able to get one from www.datatags.com A fender tag and build sheet will help even more to get a new tag.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If all your numbers on the cowl and radiator support match, you may be able to get one from www.datatags.com A fender tag and build sheet will help even more to get a new tag.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I was tempted to buy a car that was missing the VIN tag and did some research in most states it is illegal to even remove this tag some states allow removal under official supervision and some allow auto recyclers to remove them. I didn't find any place that reproduces them so it is probably illegal I think you can be issued another from the authorities but it will have different numbers and be stamped on a different type of plate anyway I decided to pass on that car because it needed a VIN before customs would allow it to be exported and just didn't want to be involved in a long distance hassle.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
There is a legal way to do it. Documentation is the key. Data Tags knows how to do it legally. Just contact them. I don't know how it is done.

Back