• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electrical Tools

booyaballer

Reaction score
All,

At some point I will replace the wiring and install an American Autowire harness on my 70 Challenger. I am an absolute novice and the only thing I know is to not put a butter knife in an outlet. Nonetheless, I will take on the challenge. To that end, I am looking for a list of tools that I should start gathering so I can have everything ready to go. What essential tools are recommended?

Note:
The only things I have currently are a new pair of wire strippers and a harbor freight multimeter.

Thanks!

robert power

Reaction score
lol great answer . you don't need a lot of electrical tools . the wiring on these cars are mostly basic as compared to new cars and trucks these days .good crimpers and new terminals if needed and soldering iron and heat shrink tubing. good luck

pschlosser

Reaction score
if the OP is installing another wire harness, he may not even need the connector removal tool. He wont even use the meter if everything is working and works after the install. In term of "electrical tools" the DMM is all I have and need.

Other basic tools to remove said harness, and other items "in the way" of the harness will be needed, such as needle nose pliers, assorted screw drivers and so forth.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If you need anything it will be this. it's a all plug and play.

Attachments

• 70_Dart_Challenger_Wiring_Full.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 131

booyaballer

Reaction score
got the butter knives 🔪🔪 ready though I am not sure what a DMM is.

I was assuming I would need tools like a power circuit probe and such but I guess I was over thinking it. Thanks for the tips!!

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I am not sure what a DMM is.
It's a Digital Multimeter. Amazon has a ton, easily bought locally and you won't need the most expensive/sophisticated one either,

DMM.jpg

Back