• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rallye dash not working

Old B5

Reaction score
I am currently restoring a 1970 Challenger with rallye gauges. None of the gauges are working. I am pretty sure it is wired correctly. Could it be a resistor? If so which one? Improper ground? Any other suggestions? I am a complete novice when it comes to electrical components. Electrical is my biggest weakness when working on cars.

moparleo

Reaction score

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
There is a voltage regulator that drops the voltage down to 5v / pulsing test to see if you have a pulsing voltage inot the gauges fed by the regulator first , there is a solid state 5v replacement available .

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Can you upload pictures of the wiring on the back of the instrument Cl
This is how it should be.
20220109_081548.jpg

Old B5

Reaction score
Thanks Challenger RTA. I have some days off work later in the week and will pull the cluster and take a look.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
When you inspect the back of cluster obsessive the strips of fiber.They are an insulator. If broke or cracked it will short out. Be careful not to break.

PlymDodGeorge

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Checked all the difficult stuff first. From time to time I would lose signal lights etc. along with gauges. Turned out to be a corroded fuse holder. Clean holders, check fuses, then dab dielectric grease on the holder prongs. Have a look at the simple things first. Good luck.

Back