• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust

Cupracer

Reaction score
I want to put headers on my 70 Challenger but am not sure where to start. I've looked at TTi and Dougs. Have heard all the horror stories and the ones which say no big deal. Thinkin bout headers with electric cutouts (exiting in front of the rear wheels) going to factory pipes. Any ideas or suggestions about brand for headers and cutouts would be appreciated. On a 440 six pack.

Moparz10

Reaction score
To be honest I went with tti's due to going with a fast ratio steering set up,also not a big block, have them installed which went smooth.the tti's are expensive but that's what they do mopar headers and have good reviews. Just as insurance I did get a set of reflex gaskets.

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
I had nothing but problems with hooker and headman headers on my 67 dart. Could'nt get a wrench or socket on some of the bolts, headers leaks and having to raise and lower the motor to install - I bit the bullet and dug deep in my pockets to purchase ceramic coated headers and H pipe setup from TTI. I must say the results are quite different. Moparz10 is right- TTI only designs for Mopar and it shows in installation and figment. I couldn't be happier with how the installation went and the quality of the product. They are expensive for sure but the engine compartment on my Dart is much tighter that my Challenger and the TTI headers fit perfectly. Hope you find what you need and good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Adam

Reaction score
I have the Hedman Elite headers on my 440 Challenger. They fit, but just barely... there is maybe enough clearance to slip a credit card between the header and power steering box, also one of the tubes just clears the driver's torsion bar... hasn't happened yet but I bet it will cook my mini starter to death too. Definitely go with Remflex gaskets, unless you like changing gaskets....jk

seneca

Reaction score
I also have TTI on my 72 Cuda 340 from headers all the way back to the exhaust tips. I have manual steering so that was not an issue. Yes, they are pricey but you can't take it with you Cupracer so you might as well enjoy it while you're here!

Back