• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Thank you!!
I bought it in December 2009 (just pulled the invoice since I'm in my office..OUCH!) and honestly I didn't have to modify any sheet metal what so ever. Nothing. It was plug and play. I did use their bell housing and my 11" clutch. No Hydraulics. You do have to install it first and measure from yoke to yoke so they can make the drive shaft though. Not a big deal. I've read where some bending on the tunnel could be necessary but, not in my case. It's the best upgrade I've ever done to a muscle car. I did 2.87, 1.89 , 1.28 , 1.0 and .64 for 5th gear. I run 3:91's and the car launches like it has 4:88's in first. I want to say 75mph is about 2400 rpm's.
I really like it.
Happy New Year djais1801
Agree 100% on the 5spd love it..but I did have to enlarge the RH side of my tunnel to clear

Last edited:

djais1801

Reaction score
Thank you!!
I bought it in December 2009 (just pulled the invoice since I'm in my office..OUCH!) and honestly I didn't have to modify any sheet metal what so ever. Nothing. It was plug and play. I did use their bell housing and my 11" clutch. No Hydraulics. You do have to install it first and measure from yoke to yoke so they can make the drive shaft though. Not a big deal. I've read where some bending on the tunnel could be necessary but, not in my case. It's the best upgrade I've ever done to a muscle car. I did 2.87, 1.89 , 1.28 , 1.0 and .64 for 5th gear. I run 3:91's and the car launches like it has 4:88's in first. I want to say 75mph is about 2400 rpm's.
I really like it.
Happy New Year djais1801
I just got the quote for the 5spd...ouch is right!

fasjac

Reaction score
Oh yea!!
I think mine was 3350 but, that was in 2009. If you don’t mind me asking, what did they quote you? And who was it from? If you would rather not say it’s all good. The reason I was wondering was because I thought some ownership changed. It’s dang expensive anyway you go.

djais1801

Reaction score
Oh yea!!
I think mine was 3350 but, that was in 2009. If you don’t mind me asking, what did they quote you? And who was it from? If you would rather not say it’s all good. The reason I was wondering was because I thought some ownership changed. It’s dang expensive anyway you go.
It's SST now Silver Sport Transmissions and their qoute was $4950...they want $2500 for the trans, but I have a friend that has one he just removed from a Nova. I may be able to save some $$$ and buy his trans.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
how much did you have to enlarge it?

Not a lot it actually came with a template. On a side note my car was an automatic originally. So maybe that part of the tunnel is a little tighter there than on an original 4spd car.

B55CBEB6-78DE-44B8-AA85-575122CB9F4C.jpeg

6D97B9CE-B62F-49D9-8941-FF0A2BBB946E.jpeg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Great idea! Mine was 3769 all in from Keisler Engineering. If you cruise the highways often, you’ll enjoy it.
Good luck to you.

fasjac

Reaction score
Mine came with the template as well. It’s been a while for mine but, I think Keisler sent a piece of sheet metal as well. For me it was already a manual ((3 speed) car, didn’t need it It all fit just fine.
Like it.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I bought mine from Keisler in 2010 as well. They went out of business before I ever got the driveshaft. If recall Mopar used the Ford version not sure if the GM one will line up in the stock Shifter position. Do some research on that.

fasjac

Reaction score
Agree, almost positive the shifter the shifter setup/location is different from ours. I do know the input bearing is Ford style (roller) and inside diameter is smaller. It’s a good set up though versus the brass bushing. The bearing should press in the crank no problem.
Just beware of the inside diameter and like he said, the shifter location

Back