• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Finally got my wilwood kit on! Need lug help!

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
IMG_7992.JPG
IMG_7993.JPG
IMG_7994.JPG
IMG_7995.JPG
So I finally got around to putting on my wilwood rear brake kit on...I put my wheel on and the lugs are way too short… What are the specs on the lug studs or suggested length you guys suggest? I know they need pressed on and off...and will have to roll the rear lip to make it work....this kit pushed the offset out quite a bit....Thanks!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
My B body is 1/2 in. x 20 RH threads, I had the same problem, not as bad. I had a 1/2' more of thread though. I was able to use lug nut with a longer shank.
McGard Lug Nuts 61000

You should pop one out.

IRON MAN

Reaction score
The rule of thumb is the lug nut should be turned a minimum of seven complete turns to secure the wheel. There is controversy about the extended shank lug nuts being unsafe because the extended shank that enters the wheel is very thin- walled and can snap/crack when cornering especially in autocross racing. This could cause a wheel to come off. If you are only after an additional three revolutions of the lug nut the chances of the extended shank cracking are greatly reduced.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I went with this set up..will post when I get it on...

IMG_8112.PNG

moparleo

Reaction score
You will still need long shank lug nuts that almost reach the surface of the hub. With modern hardened studs, you torque the wheels to approximately 110 ft lbs. with a good quality torque wrench. After about 500 miles, re-torque the wheels. The aluminum will compress on initial install causing the lugs to come loose., You should be OK after initial re-torque.

Back