• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Firm feel or PS T. Im wondering which one to put under my 73 Challenger.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Any recommendations on pst or firm feel? It will be street driven Falken tires and maybe a track trip or two on occasion. Which has the best track record or are there others? I'll buy good updated parts for it.
Thanks.

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Any recommendations on pst or firm feel? It will be street driven Falken tires and maybe a track trip or two on occasion. Which has the best track record or are there others? I'll buy good updated parts for it.
Thanks.
I have a Firm Feel unit (stage 2, with a sector support) in my 74 Challenger with a 360- I am very pleased with the steering feel.
(Note: I also added additional support welds and gussets to the K frame along with urethane bushings when I rebuilt the front suspension).
I would recommend Firm Feel - I have been dealing with them off and on for a couple different projects over the years and they have always helpful and very knowledgable about Mopar suspensions...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Steer & Gear is another good option if you want a better steering box .
Borgeson is also a great option

mrmopar340

Reaction score
I have a Firm Feel unit (stage 2, with a sector support) in my 74 Challenger with a 360- I am very pleased with the steering feel.
(Note: I also added additional support welds and gussets to the K frame along with urethane bushings when I rebuilt the front suspension).
I would recommend Firm Feel - I have been dealing with them off and on for a couple different projects over the years and they have always helpful and very knowledgable about Mopar suspensions...
Thank you.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The best change would be a Borgeson. I had a firm feel box and I put a Borgeson in and it makes a tremendous difference. Also so much lighter and it's brand new.

Ricks72Chlgr440

Reaction score
I have a Borgeson on my 72 Challenger and like it. Only mod I did was to install the shim kit to reduce the boost. I like a little more "road feel".

mrmopar340

Reaction score

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I used Firm Feel also, dealing with them has been easy. Car is going back together now so I can't comment on the performance yet. Firm Feel is more "Mopar-centric" than PST, although I did use PST on a past project for a disc brake upgrade.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
I used Firm Feel also, dealing with them has been easy. Car is going back together now so I can't comment on the performance yet. Firm Feel is more "Mopar-centric" than PST, although I did use PST on a past project for a disc brake upgrade.
Thank you. Feedback like this is very helpful and useful. Looks like I can get PST cheaper from them direct vs other sellers. I checked eBay as well. I'm a bargain shopper and try to relinquish as little of my cash as possible in purchasing.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
While you are working on the area I would do the steering sector support and the Idler arm up grade. I believe it has to be a Moog idler arm.
1702936831584.jpeg

1702936862982.jpeg

Last edited:

Litchkar

Reaction score
I am running a Firm Feel stage 3 on my 71 Challenger, got rid of all the sloppiness and I can still turn it easily with one hand. Graveyard Cars has Firm Feel rebuild all of their steering boxes to Stage 2 specs.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Good answers on here and I'm very grateful for them.

Next thing is something I thought about, does anyone make a replacement center drag link and maybe where I can get one. It seems be a non service item and I have searched and found no new ones all day. I figured since I am replacing about everything else I would look to snag one of these as well.

Back