• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel line route to carb from pump

719mopar

Reaction score
Can anyone please show or explain the routing for the fuel line from fuel pump to carb? My set up currently has line running up the front of timing chain cover and turns right on top of intake next to thermostat housing, seems to be boiling fuel when hot,observed visually in filter. Recommendations for correct/better route needed, thanks

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
I'm sure someone would like to help you with this, but it would help us to help you if we knew what car you have, what year, and probably most importantly what engine and carburator do you have.

It appears from your avatar photo that you might be working on a '73 Challenger, but that still doesn't answer the "what engine/carb" question and besides, I hate to speculate on what you are working on anyway. So if you want details, you have to provide details.

Also, just an FYI, the FSM has diagrams showing factory routing of fuel lines, so that is always a good reference book to have.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! As M& M says, need to see and know some details. My BB six pack fuel line routes off the mechanical pump up to a filter to carbs. Like to see some photos

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
That seems to be the correct routing , most come up between the head & alt & turn over the intake to the carb , but the fuel is not the same as it was 50 years ago , , you could insulate the fuel line or create a different route .

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Sounds correct, it’s away from the exhaust. Maybe your flow isn’t what it should be? Where’s this clear filter mounted and what makes you say you can watch fuel boiling in it?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
A stock 73 would be a LA block. approxament stock location before I finished.as for boiling.Did it vapor lock yet?

Attachments

• 20200211_214617.jpg
    20200211_214617.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 465

719mopar

Reaction score
I'm sure someone would like to help you with this, but it would help us to help you if we knew what car you have, what year, and probably most importantly what engine and carburator do you have.

It appears from your avatar photo that you might be working on a '73 Challenger, but that still doesn't answer the "what engine/carb" question and besides, I hate to speculate on what you are working on anyway. So if you want details, you have to provide details.

Also, just an FYI, the FSM has diagrams showing factory routing of fuel lines, so that is always a good reference book to have.
Yea sorry, guess I did leave out critical info, 1973 challenger 340 w/avs2 edelbrock , thanks for the response

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I think It's a 3/8" or 1/2" that was stock. there is a fuel filter with a 1/4" return that help prevent vapor lock. Off hand I think it plumbed into a return line to the tank. Check to see if you have fuel dripping in carb after running.

20200515_132227.jpg

Last edited:

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Another thing that helps prevent fuel boiling and vapor lock is to block off the heat crossover in the intake manifold. At least on big blocks, I've never had a small block so don't know for sure if they are designed the same way.

Back