• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

getting back to Mopar

Badfish74

Reaction score
Hello, new member here. I've been away from Mopars since 2003, I just completed a 92 mustang coupe, turbo'd blowthrough carb, E85, street strip car. Now I'm getting back to my Cuda. I bought the Cuda back when I was 17yrs old, it took me 3yrs of pestering the owners before they let it go. It's a 1974 Barracuda, KG8 green, 360, 4bbl, pistol grip, 3.91's, rally gauges. Picture circa 1999-2000
image%3A16527.jpg

Badfish74

Reaction score
The plan is to finish the body work and interior. Stock appearance right down to the Plymouth Division hub caps and steel wheels. I do want to do a Tremec 5spd conversion for the long hauls. In the next few weeks I need to get the rear axle back under it and get new exhaust under it.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey. 1974 Cuda 360 4sp are pretty rare cars. Looking forward to seeing your work on it!
Dino2 (1).gif

Badfish74

Reaction score
image%3A11790.jpg
Just finished up going through the rear end. Welded on new leaf spring perches, previous owner had done a half ass relocation, this brings it back to stock.

Bob Glover

Reaction score
Welcome. I just joined several months back. You will find a great bunch of folks here with a wealth of knowledge.

Bob

Badfish74

Reaction score
I think the cow covers involved a high school dare, they're long gone. Thanks for the compliment on my welding, metal fab I can do, woodworking baffles me.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid MI! Agree, that is a very nice weld you laid down on that spring perch.

Badfish74

Reaction score
Ok guys, been away from the forum for a while but work has not stopped. I finished the exhaust save for the tailpipes. I'll do tailpipes after the body is done. I also spent some time with the ignition and cooling system, hung the rear end, ran new brake lines, new gas tank and sending unit. Then it went down the road to the body shop. They work a lot on deer collision but in the off months to keep the staff busy they work on classic stuff.

Badfish74

Reaction score
The Cuda got painted yesterday, 5-19-21. I haven't seen it in person yet. My dad says it looks really nice in person.

Badfish74

Reaction score
My, 2nd cousin, we knew him as uncle Rod, is the man who got me into mopars, drag racing and set me on a two decade stint into building cars, helped me as a teenager rebuild the entire driveline of this cuda passed away this morning from a massive heat attack at 68yrs old. I think I'm still a little shocked over it. The news really made the day bittersweet, in seeing the progress on a project he and I used to spend hours on.

Back