• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Greetings from Connecticut

romester440

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope all is well .Currently I do not own a mopar but I am currently searching for a project the cars of choice are either a 70 or 71 cuda/barracuda project . I have owned a few mopars over the years though namely; a 1967 Plymouth fury lll convertible, a 1970 dodge charger 318 auto converted to a 440 4spd, a 1969 dodge dart GT, bought all the parts to convert it to a 4spd but never got around to it and my last car I sold in December of 2014 a 1974 dodge challenger 318 auto converted to a 383 4spd, fastest car I have owned thus far. if anybody know of anything around the New England area please let me know. would like something under 10k. Thanks

Avalanche

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
For under 10k, it's going to need a lot of work.
Unless you have a passion for building these cars, it's always best to buy the most complete car you can afford.
It usually costs more to build than to buy one all done.

Bill

Reaction score
Welcome fellow New Englandah from Vermont (Go Pats!!). How did you make out with "Snowmageddon 2015" on Tuesday? We survived the whopping 2" up here in Vermont.
I have a 1974 Challenger for sale (roller) for sale. 340 with engine stand, automatic, console with rotisserie. Has your usual New England Swiss Cheese rust in areas. Someone attempted to put an aftermarket floor over the Swiss Cheese floor. Missing front fiberglass header grill, trunk lid, some glass, and I'm sure some other things. Wiring is all taken apart. It's an A/C car. No compressor, dash is cracked........ (I could go on all night). Anyway, PM me if you are interested because it's not really what your looking for anyway. $3,500. I live in Randolph, VT.
Good luck!
Bill

romester440

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Bill the storm was bad but we survived the "snomagedeon" with no power outages, which was my biggest concern. Just sold a 74 challenger so im looking for something else. avalanche your right about a complete car that's what im looking for, I have seen complete cars for under 10k once in a while on craigslist but I always get beat to prize . people are scooping these cars up left and right and flipping them for a prophet. a couple months ago a 70 383 grand coupe came up I was first in line the guy told me he would hold it for me till the next day call the guy back it was gone then a few days later it was for sale for 3x the price.

Avalanche

Reaction score
It took me over a year to find the challenger I have now. It was completely disassembled and had a frame off restoration. Problem was it never was completely re-assembled. Took me another 2 years to complete. Looking back on it, I really did like putting it back together and got to learn every nut and bolt.
This is really more of a hobby than an investment.
Good luck with your search. It's hard to find a solid car in this area that's a project.

romester440

Reaction score
thanks chicken. once again avalanche you are correct, its very difficult to find a solid car around these parts. my 74 challenger was very solid given the fact that it came out of NY. My charger was taken apart by the guy that did the body work on it, he stopped working on it and gave it back to me in pieces, it took a long while to put it back together just by trying to figure out where the nuts and bolts go but I learned a thing or two on that car that helped me with my other projects.

Back