• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbie here today

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That's an M46 car. I am always looking for this option. I almost purchased that car from the owner but with no tag or build sheet I can't technically "prove" it was an M46 car.
Now if you find a build sheet.......
Anyway I might know someone who will purchase or trade the drivers door in hopes of getting it back to the original owner. If you find a build sheet we should talk about the car. I couldn't get the last owner to try to find it for me.
check this out. WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option in Cars For Sale or Wanted

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Here you can see the original black out and factory stripe.
And the missing fender tag location.
Wish it had the docs, I would have purchased it.
Would love to get more pics of the stripes and what not.

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

Rollon

Reaction score
Well I went out and looked again this morning yes this is indeed the same car that you have the photos of the holes are definitely there I pulled the backseat no build sheet under the bottom part I took a picture of the tag I found behind the upper back seat I was wanting to make a Hemi tribute car out of this because most people aren't impressed by a 318 car if I were to convert it back to stock and now you're showing me that this is a rare car the hugger orange is okay to me but I would prefer one of the bright greens for my dreams and I'm sure if I tried to do a Hemi tribute and retained the M-46 option most people would consider that a Blasphemous mix when I first saw the red and white stripe I just thought it was strange looking because I'm not up on this I initially grew up a Chevrolet guy it's nice to have something rare but just the sight of the stripe itself doesn't do a whole lot for me????

20190227_092310.jpg

20190227_092310.jpg

20190227_092400.jpg

20190227_093312.jpg

Rollon

Reaction score
Here's the tag I found behind the upper part of the back seat the previous owner did a load to me that the car had some good options this has the rear window defroster and rear speakers also plus the louvers and the rear spoiler

20190227_093232.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I sure wish there was a way to prove those rear louvers are original to the car. That would have been quite the fender tag.
Did the previous owner give you any of the previous owners names or info?
Without a fender tag or a build sheet you might as well build the exact car that you want. Nothing wrong with green, I love those greens.
The stripe that separates the black out from the body color is my least favorite part of the M46 option list.
Most people don't know about the scoops and most don't like them. Very unique. About 400 made on 70 bh only.
Wish my M46's scoop holes and front quarters looked like that.
The dealer description of the M46 has an orange and white stripe and a blue and white stripe. I have yet to see even a picture of the blue and white stripe so I'm always looking for that.

Rollon

Reaction score
I got absolutely zip about where the car had previously been I'm wired stubborn enough if I follow through on the project did I might want to invent my own scoop with maybe a little bit more shape to it and actually make it functional maybe even go to the trouble of having some sort of shut off door when you didn't want to utilize it

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I must admit it pains me just a bit to hear it called “hugger” orange...:lol:
That would be Vitamin C on your car.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I couldn't get any information out of the previous owner either.
There were scoops that were remanufactured and those would be the ones to keep an eye out for and make them functional.
I'm doing a functional with some reman scoops on my a body warrior.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Any chance of getting some pictures with measurements of where those holes are at?
And are you interested in trading or selling the door?

Rollon

Reaction score
If somebody specifically needs the AAR door with its Vin I'd be happy to trade

Rollon

Reaction score
All in good time I'll try to get measurements for you right now it's so tight in the trailer I can't even hardly walk around it let let alone do that but I obtained short-term Nirvana today for the first time I can actually steer the car now when I brought the car no steering wheel was there in the lock cylinder was locked and no keys for the car whatsoever new lock cylinder is in place I had been using Harbor Freight Tire dollies but the car doesn't like being pushed with four dollies you can push it two or three feet and then one of them will always kick out and go flying across the garage maybe a higher dollar Dolly's somehow locks in better obviously it always pushes better on the rear the car away from the weight of the engine

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The jack up dollies are how I got away from loosing the dollies when pushing. They work pretty good. Much better than the cheaper standard dollies.

Rollon

Reaction score
I had an English teacher for a mother I'm a little bit of a rebel I like to have fun on here and not worry about that if it takes a concentrated effort to read what I put down then my meaning becomes crystal clear because if what I say is double-checked that means you're not missing anything so I hope you can have a sense of humor and lighten up

Back