• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Grill and tail pics needed

Odin

Reaction score
I need good clear closeup photos of the front and rear of a stock 71 Challenger. I primarily need to see all the portions of the grill and headlight bezels as well as the tail panels so I can decide how to restore mine to the proper appearance.

311EE42C-5CFF-4FFF-87C3-2C9FED80D5E2.jpeg

1F1DF913-D898-4268-916F-2868CE2740B4.jpeg

Odin

Reaction score
No it's a base model, but it has been converted to a 440 car and I did change out the rear valance for the one with the cutouts. I am adding the dual quad exhaust tips next week. For now I am interested in knowing what colors the grill and tail should be. There are ruminants of black paint chipping away on both. I don't know if any of the black should be there or if some of those parts should be silver or chrome. Pictures of both to compare would be best.

michael

Reaction score
IMO go with the black RT style front and back looks much better. My 71 Challenger is not a RT non original engine car so put it back the way you like it.

Odin

Reaction score
Thanks. Mine is a base model 71 non original car too. It looks like some chrome parts have been painted and some faded black parts are hard to tell if they were originally black or painted over by a previous owner. Either way I’m going to have to remove paint, repaint, polish items. I want to see what it should look like then choose to copy that or go a different route. So I’m still requesting someone help with photos. I’m sure someone has an original unaltered from my and rear on their 71

moparlee

Reaction score
Odin, not my car but this is an unmolested 71 Challenger non RT. The only black is the two small triangle areas on the headlight bezels.

10.jpg
14.jpg

Back